Thursday, August 28, 2014

Introducing...Sweater Weather!

Hello!  TGIF...am I right!?

Britt here this morning to share with you some projects that I made using the new fall-themed stacks: both 6x6 and 12x12 stacks called Sweater Weather!


This stack has lots of leaf themes, plaids, wood grain, photo-real sheets, and brassy foil accents.

First I made a little card using the 6x6, double-sided stack, raffia, and leaf embellishments.


Both in the 12x12 and the 6x6 stack, there are sheets of cut-apart journaling cards.  I cut one of the cards out of the small stack and then I trimmed the word 'grateful' out to create my sentiment.



Next I pulled out a photo I've been waiting to scrap.  I needed the perfect set of autumn-themed supplies to capture the sweet, soft cuteness of this photo.



I love ALL the papers I used from the 12x12 Sweater Weather stack for this layout!  I love the way the soft, photo-real background looks against the more geometric teal plaid.  I fussy-cut some hearts from one of the papers and sewed them to the layout.  I also added an arrow and a banner that I cut from a 6x6 cork paper stack.


I added a few fall-themed dimensional stickers and two journaling cards from my stash along with a few buttons to round out my clusters.


Since I had to take my layout to my sewing machine to attach the hearts I decided to also add some stitches on the leaves above my photo as well.

Lastly, I had a raw wood base for a fall-themed home decor piece and I knew this was the perfect stack to decorate it!



I got this raw wood base from one of those "trading co." places and it's SO cute!  First I painted the sides of each letter and let them dry.  Then I traced and cut the letters from the papers I chose, attached them with a glue stick and then let that dry.


I sanded all the edges to help secure the papers to each letter.  Then, I embellished each letter with a few leaf embellishments, vintage buttons, and some of the sayings from the journaling cards found in the 12x12 stack.


SO, next time you're in your nearest Joann's pick up your new favorite fall-themed stack and get ready - Sweater Weather is almost here!

What are your fall crafting plans or traditions?  Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by today!





16 comments:

  1. That's a great looking stack! Againn, another one not available to me as it's only at Joann's, which does not deliver to Quebec, grrr.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects today - you did an awesome job of showcasing this new pad. Now I want it also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely out and projects. I like to try and create Halloween and fall themed decorations. Also, my niece was born in November so I also create fall themed scrapbook layout of her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My plans for the fall are to get my craft room remodeled. I'm taking down a part of a wall and making the closet much bigger. then I'm going to install lots of shelves and I can get rid of a lot of the heavy furniture shelving that is in the room. Will have more space and more storage.
    Love the fall colors. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! Sounds like you're going to have an awesome room when you're done! Good luck!

      Delete
  5. i love this stack!!!! it needs to come to michaels in canada!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Britt,

    Your projects are gorgeous! With the cooler weather I have just started thinking about autumn cards. Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh loving that fall sign and that layout is cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fall plans include making fall and Halloween banners for my mantel as well as layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the papers and projects. My fall plans are to try and get some Christmas cards done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Britta! Love your projects!! Love all the extra bits you added to each!! Really makes them so much more special!! Hoping to find this one on my next trip to Joanns or Hobby Lobby!
    For Fall traditions, we tend to try to attend one college football game out of town or just watch them on TV each week. We possibly may go to one of the games at UF or FSU since I have 2 children attending at each. I love Saturdays because hubby and I watch the games on TV, while I scrap away the day!! Great fun unless one of our teams looses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your fall traditions sound awesome! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  11. Have to check out this stack, looks awesome. Love all the projects shown here using it too. Going to continue for the 2nd year of Thanksgiving in Texas at my son's house and being with the grandkids and will once again be making place cards for the table for my DIL, she loved what I made last year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects! Love all the details!
    Love that collection!!

    ReplyDelete