Monday, March 10, 2014

Let's Talk About Stencils

Happy Monday to my friends! I hope all of your had a wonderful weekend. We have had some BEAUTIFUL weather here in Utah so we tried to be outside as much as we could! I really can't believe Spring is here. So happy about that and I'm sure you are too :)

I am so excited about today's blog post because we are going to talk all about Stencils!


It is so fun to have DCWV release all kinds of new products! The new stencils that are out at Jo-Ann right now have me so excited! Why?! Because the possibilities really are endless with these babies. You can use them with paint, markers, pencils, art paste, ink, alcohol sprays...just to name a few things. They are reusuable, super easy to wash off and also really affordable.



I stole these photos off of DT member, Sara's, Instagram page. She showed how she laid down her doily stencil, covered her stencil with white modeling paste, let dry and when the stencil came off, it was the perfect doily.


The same technique was used for this owl & flower stencils using black modeling paste. I love the crisp image that the modeling paste gives. 


Karla made this cute card with the stencils and colored markers (Sharpies to be exact) How easy and cute is this? See how she made it on her blog post HERE.


Angela used black acrylic paint and her stencils to make a decorative plate. HERE is her blog post with instructions on how she made it.


And Rachel used a sponge and ink to make the backdrop on this beautiful card. HERE is how she did it. Are you starting to see the endless possibilities!?

If you want to watch some fun videos that we found on You Tube, click HERE and HERE to see one of our customers give a tutorial using our new stencils.

I hope you have felt inspired to maybe give this new product a try! 

16 comments:

  1. Awesome projects! Love the stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing inspiration from the dt team!
    Love the stencils!
    I'm bummed our Jo-anns doesn't have the stencils yet!
    Looking forward to when they do so I can buy a few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about these stencils. I can't wait to find them at my JoAnn's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great I cannot wait to get my hands on some!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-these are so exciting! I am so looking forward to getting some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER stencil projects!!!

    LOVE the stencil designs and COOL ways you can use them too => I look forward to having some crafty adventures with them this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are way too cute, and I like that they will be a good price. Now I just need to find them somewhere...they weren't at Joann's this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these stencils! Will they be available on Jo Ann's website??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Love Love these stencils! I have got to get my hands on some...QUICK!! When will they be available at Joann's, ACMoore, Michaels? HELP : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all these stencils. Just watched Christy's YouTube video. I have to get some of these babies lol

    Tina H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why am I not finding these anywhere? I am so impatient -- I really would love to buy some. Help us out here!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, I love these....I want some, too. The DT did an awesome job....your creations are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. can't seem to find these anywhere!

    Meghan in PA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still not able to purchase -- what's going on?

    ReplyDelete