Friday, March 7, 2014

A Recap of QVC

Hello! I am BACK from the Q and I am so anxious to tell you how everything went! First off thank you to all of you for your sweet words and encouragement. I was a little nervous for my first time on air at QVC but I feel like I did my best! I learned a lot and will take those lessons with me for my next appearance but we all have to start somewhere, right?!


Here I am getting to the studio on Thursday. I am so impressed with their entire organization. Did you know they have 2,500 employees?! I had lunch at the QVC Cafeteria which was amazing!!!! They seem to be a great company to work for! 


Right when I arrived, I unpacked all of my stuff and set up my tables. You set up your tables backstage and then they wheel them on to the set when it's your turn. 
I had the CUTEST projects from our Design Teams!! Wow, I was so impressed to see it all laid out so nicely. We did not lack on inspiration at all!




After I was done, I hung out in the "green room" and waited for my turn at the QVC Salon. Yes, the green room has a green wall of course!


Here I am after the salon visit and lunch at the QVC Cafeteria.


And before I knew it, it was my turn to be on with Caroline. The 6 minutes per kit went by SO FAST. I had so many more projects to show and projects to put together on air. I may have over prepared a bit but I was a little disappointed to not show everything!! But hey, that's how it goes.


Thanks to Anna the Intern who helped me out all day and took these pictures. She was SO helpful and fun to be with.


On the set.


And then, just like that, it's all over and everything is back in boxes ready to be shipped back to the office. 

Now that I am home and have watched the segments on TV, I think I did great for my first time and how nervous I was! It was such a great learning experience and I really hope I can go back! Representing the DCWV brand is something I take very seriously and am honored to do. We have almost 200 employees that are behind the scene and I am lucky enough to represent all of them and their hard work. We are such a great team at DCWV!

If you missed the kits, here are links to all of them. You can actually watch the segments at the links too!

Chalk Kit:


Texture Stack Kit:

Cardstock Basics Kit:

Have a wonderful weekend, my Stackaholics! See you here on Monday!

13 comments:

  1. The links work if I copy and paste but they don't click through. Do you know when/where the chalk markers will be available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great on TV, you didn't look nervous at all. I thought your segments were too short, but I'm so happy crafts are back on QVC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did so good, you'd never know that was your first time!!! I bought the chalkboard kit, can't wait to get it. Hopefully the Q will be bringing crafting back on a regular basis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did amazing! I could not tell you were nervous!
    Congrats on your 1st QVC show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have NEVER guessed it was your first time at the Q! I watched (an ordered) almost everything you had - if I hadn't hit my card limit I would have gotten everything!! You did fabulous and I can't wait to get my goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, you were fantastic! I just watched some clips.. So sad I missed it! I want the chalk kit soooo bad! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed the show but sure you did great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you did well. Can't wait to see them. Thanks for the links!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Congratulations, Erin!! You did a fantastic job and made it look so easy and professional! Stackaholics Unite! By the way, I already have the Chalk stack and hoping to get the chance to buy the markers from a big box store soon. Are we going to be able to do that? And I am wanting different colors as well as the 3 in your kit. Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your first appearance. Fantastic! And thanks for the "behind the scene shots" so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANK YOU for sharing your QVC experience Erin :)

    CONGRATULATIONS on being a crafty tv star and hope that your next gig comes around soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Erin!! I bet it was so much fun!! I am so glad that my daughter took snippets of the videos. I can't wait to watch the entire segment. The pics are fab!!

    ReplyDelete