Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June Stack-a-holic Template Challenge

Hey there! Wednesday is here. Middle of the week. Hump Day. We gotta look at the positive right? 2 days behind us, 2 days ahead and then we are ready for a weekend :) Want a peek at what we were up to last weekend? 

Exploring Capital Reef National Park in Utah! It's only 2 hours from my house, are you jealous? We had a great time hiking, exploring, hiking, eating, hiking and siting in the hotel's hot tub :) Totally proud of my "non-athletic" parents for hiking 7 miles in sand to see this waterfall. Proof that they love me since I begged them to do it! 

Ok, back to business.

I know you have been waiting for this month's challenge? How do I know this? Because I have been getting asked in emails and on Facebook..."Is there a challenge this month?" Way to keep on my tail! Only a few days behind but today is the day! It's the 5th day of the month and I have your challenge all ready to go!

If you haven't played along in our challenges before, we would love to have you! Here's what we do. Use the sketch below to make a fabulous layout using one of your favorite DCWV stacks. Take a picture, put it on our DCWV Facebook page or email it to me!  {erinmadsen@dcwv.com}

You have until June 29th this month. Lots of days to get your craft on! I will feature 10 pages and 10 cards on the blog and pick 2 random winners. We love seeing all of the fun takes from the same sketches. I know you will love the inspiration too.

So...are you ready?


Sketch Savvy is the source for our page sketch this month. I love all of the little details in this sketch. It's fun sometimes to focus on 1 photo on a layout. Want to see my take on it?



I used the new Green Stack that will be out in June at Jo-Ann. It complimented this photo from our recent camping trip perfectly. Our family sure loves the outdoors! 

Here are a few more examples of how our Design Team used the sketch. They are fabulous!


Sara Andrews / Celebrations Stack


Karen Hansen / Birthday Wishes Stack


Karla Der / Colorful Life Stack


Rita Barakat / Baby Boy Stack

And now for the June Card sketch.


Our sketch is from Page Maps, so many great card sketches on there!



Here is mine...I used a new product that you haven't seen yet! Berries & Craft Box of Cards. When I saw it, I just LOVED it! So fresh. Don't worry, you can get your hands on it at the end of June at Jo-Ann :) You don't have to wait too long!

Here is another idea from Jan!


Jan Garber / Whimsical World Stack


And I want to announce our winners from last week's giveaway featuring the Miss Provo Pageant! Congrats to:

#3 is my favorite. Love how she uses such splashy happy colors. This must be how she feels during this exciting time of her life. Good luck to each of the gals.


AND

#3 - love how this will go amazingly with a Photo of the contestant. Colors and textures are fantastic.
All the frames show a job well done!!!



Send me your addresses! Congrats again! {erinmadsen@dcwv.com}

I can't wait to see all of the great entries this month! Have fun creating and be sure to send your project photos over to me!

23 comments:

  1. Ooh, love the card sketch. The LO looks a bit more complicated but might give it a go. This is such a great way to see the different stacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ionabunny - the sketch looks challenging, but it is totally easy!!! I had mine together in less than an hour!!!

      Delete
  2. Love the scrapbook sketch! It is so fun! Can't wait to use both of the sketches. Thanks for sharing your weekend pics at Capital Reef NP. I think we have been to most of Utah's National Parks but Capital Reef NP. It looks really neat and will put it on our list to see we go through Utah this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures! Look like you guys had a great time:) Awesome layout and cards, love the new sketchs, hope to join in on the fun:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    moni023 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another rainy day here.....cleaning my scrap room.....DCWV gets the most space on my shelf and I am ready to mess it up......What a fun sketch to play with...thanks for the inspiration each month!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the sketch ! Indeed, it's nice to focus on one photo. I also like the card sketch a lot, might very well give it a try too ! thanks for such great inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sketches - not only will I do the layout I think I am actually going to do a card this month too! So much inspiration and your products make it easy peasy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketches this week! I need to do one of these...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... Great sketches. I need to get in on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun trip you had. Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The "bucket list" layout is so catching. I normally would look at the background paper and think I would never use this paper..........but I will be thinking again!! Thinking about all the ways I can incorporate it into my projects like this!! Love the colors and embellishments you added to really make the whole thing POP:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an exciting weekend and fabulous photos!!! It is great that all the family were able to get away together too :)

    Fabulous sketches and fun projects shared to inspired us - I am really hoping to get mine done in time this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You lit my creative fire once again!! Thanks for so many inspiring photos of you guys, the layouts with the Celebration stack are incredible and the fun easy peasy card sketch. I can't wait to start today!!
    Creative Wishes
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What cute photos! It's been years since my DD lived there, but we used our vacations to explore the wonder that is Utah!!! And love the sketches this month, too! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layouts! I love all the photos. I'm definitely joining in this month with the challenges :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. woohoo ive been waiting for a new sketch! i love this one, i cant wait to play :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i LOVED this sketch. I will be using it again! Here is my entry using My Sunshine stack: http://www.rwkrafts.com/2013/06/june-stack-holic-challenge.html

      Delete
  17. Awesome photos! Looks like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I am jealous! What a gorgeous place to hike :) These cards and LO's are so beautiful, I will definitely be giving it a try! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh, this looks like so much fun; 'love the pics, Erin!! All of the crafty goodness is awesome, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here is my card entry
    http://the-crafty-geek.blogspot.com/2013/06/dcwv-june-stack-holic-card-entry.html

    ReplyDelete