Friday, May 24, 2013

School's Out For Summer!

I just can't believe it! Another year is behind us at the ol' Madsen household. The boys are SO excited to have that summer freedom and to sleep in :) I am excited to have some laid back time at home while I work and have my boys at home with me. During the summer, I seem to work a little more at night so I can take the boys to do some stuff during the day once in a while. I am so grateful for a job I can do at home and have it be flexible around my boys. Love this company!



Growing up right before my eyes! 

This week has been full of fun things for the boys at school. Including "May Day" which is our towns traditional end of the year program. The kids work so hard to learn all their songs and dances.


And the 5th Graders actually do their dance around the Maypole. Love my little small town's traditions!



Here are a few "school" themed projects to end the day with! I swear August will be here before we know it and we will all be in school mode once again :)







Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Memorial Day on Monday. I will be back here on Tuesday!

14 comments:

  1. Yup, they have grown ! Looks like a very fun end of year :-) Have a great summer !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my - what 1 school year brings to our babies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful traditions - enjoy those little guys - they grow up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time is definitely flying by so fast and yes, your boys are growing fast too - hope you have a wonderful summer together!!!
    Cute collection of projects - love the crimped apple and cool pinwheels :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo much fun to see the difference in their appearance! GREAT shots!! I took photos, cut them down to 1 " squares and did a newborn, month to month, year to year grid of my sons when they graduated college.....WOW, that was an amazing page to treasure...keep it in mind. TFS
    Happy summer!
    Creative wishes
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun pics of start and end, Erin! Love seeing your older son with his 'big teeth' in, and all his bracelets!!! Kids are the same across America! Great inspiration today, too! Yay for summer...now if the weather on the east coast would just get with the program.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such handsome young men! Have a great weekend! Let the summer begin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of you have a nice summer! Love the apple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the rosettes on that darling baby page. The chalkboard page is so cool. Lot's of room for journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "first day"/"last day" pictures! What a great way to show the growth of your boys over the year!! Have a great summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your boys are so cute:) Love the rosettes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tradition of the Maypole. I grew up in a small town and we did that in elementary school, too. Brings back memories...

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'Love the projects and all of the activities....what fun!! The boys are so adorable. Happy summer!!

    ReplyDelete