Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"I'm Bored" Jar

Hey there! I am excited to show you what I have been working on the last couple of days...in between my computer work that is :) I try and get a little creative time in everyday. I need it! I was just telling my boss the other day that I feel like I need to take care of my creative soul more :) Definitely trying to make that more of a priority so I can be better at my job!


I saw this idea on Pinterest the other day and it was just what I needed to get a project going. As much as I adore my boys, I am having anxiety thinking about SUMMER and having them home all day with me. Working full time from home is a major blessing but it has a few challenges. When I saw this idea I knew it would help cure the "boredoms" of summer. 



I used the new Fiesta Stack out at Jo-Ann to make sure this project was full of FUN!! I just love these colors and prints and think it was the perfect choice.


I decorated my wide mouth jar using the Fiesta Stack, May Arts Ribbon and my Silouette. My staples :) I love the lid! I painted the rim and covered the top with our 6x6 Cork Stack. Love that the cork paper is adhesive! Made it super easy and boy does it stick. Used some paint for the yellow polka dots and some rhinestones to jazz it up. Remember, FUN is what I was going for :)

I cut some of the Fiesta paper down to fit inside my printer and I printed activities to do on the white side. I got my list HERE and think she did a great job of coming up with ideas. Some are fun for the kids, some are chores. The deal is, if you come tell me you are bored you pick something out of the jar and you have to do it. No matter what. Once the paper is picked, I will put it in a baggie so it doesn't go back in the jar. Oh and quite a few of them are chores, hee hee. I left out some that didn't work for my boys but most all of them were great ideas!

The boys are super excited to give this a try this summer, I will let you know how it goes! 

24 comments:

  1. Bet they won't be bored this summer!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost feel like I should make one for myself!! Those days when I have no motivation and I just need to do SOMETHING - but Im to bored to do it! Or too "tired". hmmm... This could be a good "me" project. Put some chores, some craft, some cooking, and some pampering stuff in it... Im digging this plan! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Erin! You are so prepared! and your jar is extra cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley that is an AWESOME idea!! DO IT!! And then send me photos :) erinmadsen@dcwv.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such an awesome idea! I have the same feelings as you do about summer...love that it is coming (at some point, after all it is snowing here again right now) but not sure how to keep everyone occupied! I think I will have to steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Both the idea and the way you did it! Thanks so much for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! It's sure to take some of the stress out of summer boredom. And I love Ashley's take on it. I've been in a creative funk, so this would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fantastic idea ! Love how yours turned out, bright and fun ! If they only pick chores the first few times, I wonder if they will ask again ?? LOL TFS, I will surely give it a try !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great!! I'm having trouble finding the list on the link, but will keep looking.
    Is there somewhere else to buy the Fiesta stack? I will no longer spend my $$$ at our local Jo--Anns.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your jar! Super cute and hopefully will make the summer less "whiny."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lyn- fixed the link to take you to the exact spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the jar, but couldn't find the list of things to put in the jar! Maybe that can be the first thing they do...write things to do to put in the jar! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carrie check the link again, it's correct now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea and the jar is great! My kids are all grown, but I am thinking of making one of these for myself and putting in ideas of things I would like to do but never seem to have time for (going for a walk, visiting a friend, getting ice cream, etc.). Then having one day a week I will pick one out and do it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is Awesome.... I hear this alot.... And when I did it when I was a kid. I got chores to do. I learned real quick to not be bored. LOL> So cute too. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great idea! love the activities inside.
    I need to find that stack here :)

    ♥Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a FUN jar Erin - you really are a COOL Mum :)

    Fab stack too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Erin, this is SOOOOO cute, and I just bought this stack yesterday at joann's, so I think it is an omen! I am going to make this for my daughter, who might enjoy this with her 4 and 7 yr olds once school is over!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea for 365 days a year...fun stack. Anxiously waiting for the May l/o challenge!
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a cute idea...I HATE hearing "I'm bored" all summer long! LOVE this Fiesta stack, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, love these goodies. Thanks for the eye-candy, Erin!!

    ReplyDelete