Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First Look: The Green Stack

Good morning! Hope everyone is enjoying their week. It's busy here. Today is my boy's big May Day performance at school. Basically the end of the year performance from all of the classes. Then tomorrow is Jr. Olympics and Friday they are done! Where does time go?! I will have a 1st grader and 3rd grader in just a few days. I better enjoy every minute :) I will post some pictures on Friday.

Thank you to all who participated in our awesome blog hop on Monday! I loved all of the projects and hope that you did too. We have a few winners that I want to announce!

Lisa B. 
Beverly Jordan
Ann Robbins

If you are a winner, email me at erinmadsen@dcwv.com and I will get your prize right out to you!


Wow, oh wow. You guys are going to flip over this! I am so excited to tell you we have updated a few of our most popular stacks! In less than a month, you will see new, updated versions of our Green Stack, Far East Stack, Linen Closet Stack and Citrus Stack. These are some of our classics and you won't believe that we made them even better!

I get to show you the {first look} at The Green Stack all shiny and new :) 


There is something totally awesome about this stack...hold on you will see!


When I saw this paper, I knew what my first project would be with it. We love to camp and I have always wanted a fun little journal to keep track of where we camp and who we are with. I couldn't wait to get out my paper and an old, plan journal and cover it with this darling paper. 


I used my Silhouette to cut out the frame and "Happy Camper". And can you see what's so special about this stack? It has a grid texture unlike anything I have ever seen. The dimension on this paper is just incredible. I LOVE IT!!! 


I used a sponge and an ink pad and swiped some ink across the top just so you could see the texture a little better. And seriously, these little bears are just too cute.


This is the first page in the journal. I think this will be a great way to document our adventures. And I know the boys will love looking back and seeing all of the fun places we have been.

This post is also a part of the 100 Days of Tombow! I used my Tombow adhesive and markers on this project and love their efforts in raising money for the Council for Art Education. Way to step up guys! 

Keep an eye out for a video showing you the rest of the revamped stacks that are coming out at Jo-Ann. I think you will just LOVE them!

Happy Wednesday, see you again on Friday which is my boy's last day of school! Oh boy....
;)

29 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the texture in this stack! I can't wait to see it and touch it in person. It really added so much to your great page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so great! But did you say an updated CITRUS stack!?! Squeel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Green Stack is my all time favorite! I can't wait to see more of the new one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Lisa, Beverly, and Ann. What a wonderful treat!!!
    I love this green stack and can't wait to find one. It's very useful here in the Pacific Northwest.
    Thanks for the Blog Hop. I enjoyed the projects but couldn't leave comments on several because of the type of profiles they accepted.
    Have a great day all!!!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun stack! I love the idea of a journal for your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Can't wait to see the updated citrus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun stack. The textures are great and It is wonderful for this time of the year. I love it. congratulations to all the winners. Have fun with those stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - I love this stack the way it is and can only imagine -- love the stack videos!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This stack would have so many uses! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linen closet is one of my favorites - I can't wait to see what you guys have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! And the swiping of the ink across the top looks awesome with that texture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks super cute! I have the first Green Stack and I love it and it looks like I will love this one alot too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your camping project, that is a wonderful idea. I will have to keep a lookout for the new stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun stack! Love the graphic look of the images!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never saw this stack before... and I love the grid texture to the paper! Looks like a fun stack, will have to purchase this one!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats, Erin, on your family milestones....wow, I can't believe how your guys have grown!!

    You did an awesome job on your journal; oh, I love this new stack, too!!

    Oh, darn, I missed the blog hop. I bet it was great. I hope you have another one soon. Congrats to the winners. I know they will love their goodies, wink!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I already love my green stack, this just helps my wheels keep turning with ideas...............this weekend is a long one for me........scrappin here I come! Side note to Erin: My daughter will be in first grade next year as well.......crazy how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! I thought you used the stuff to cover seams on drywall for the texture. Love the texture and this stack. Great project too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I loved the OLD Green Stack, and I already love the new one! That grid and the colors and patterns are right up my alley. Can't wait to see the rest of the re-vamped ones, especially my fave: Citrus Stack!! Bring them on!!! And Joann's: here I come again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your killin' me here... can not wait to see what the new linen closet and citrus stacks look like!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That texture!!! I want it NOW! Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can use this for my camping trips too! Waiting to see new Linen Closet & Citrus!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the green stack. It is totally difference from what I thought it would be. DCWV rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to your boys on a year well done I am sure. 'Way to go, Erin!!

    Ooooh, the Green Stack looks so yummy!! I can't wait to see it up close. By the way, Jan, Hilde and Sara you did an awesome job on your projects!!

    ReplyDelete