Thursday, February 28, 2013

Silhouette Spring Shelf Decor

I am so excited for today! Probably because it includes a lot of my favorite things right now :)

I was asked to participate in Silhouette's big promotion announcing a fabulous sale that is happening right now! I will fill you in on all of those details as soon as I am done showing you my creation. I was in the market for a new electronic paper cutter for a while and really did my research. I went with the Silhouette because of the great inspiration they provide and the instant access to all of their files. Plus I heard from tons of my friends and fans that they just loved their machine. So I dove in and ordered one. I was kind of nervous when it came since I wasn't too familiar with how it worked. But I have to say, it was so easy to get going and I was cutting within one hour of having it out of the box! It is so fun to have a new tool to help with your paper crafting and to get you excited to create!


For my project, I used the new Sunday Afternoon Stack which is coming out to Michael Stores in March. While you are there, be sure to check out the coordinating scalloped edge matstack & tag stack! Love all of them!


I made a fun "Hello Spring" Shelf Decor to help welcome my favorite season into our house! I used the  Silhouette Studio Designer Edition to cut the Accordian Fold Card for the base. I cut two of them and used a piece of scrap paper on the back to link them together. I love seasonal pieces like this because they are so easy to store. Just fold back up and stick it in a drawer until next year!


I also cut the "spring" letters using the Silhouette and the Bebas Neue Font. Love how bold this font is and how cool is it that you can cut ANY font with your Silhouette?? No more cartridges, hallelujah!  


To embelish the decor I used washi tape, buttons, brads to jazz it up. I even cut some Frame Border to embellish it as well. I love how the Silhouette cuts so clean and crisp, you can see this especially on the border around the "N". 


I don't know about you, but I am hoping breaking out my Spring and Easter decorations is sending Mother Nature a message for it to hurry up and get here! This Utah winter has been brutal!


There is a big sale going on so you can get your own Silhouette at an awesome price! Remember, the Silhouette Portrait has a 8 inch cutting mat and the Cameo has a 12 inch cutting mat. I have the Cameo and love being able to cut a 12x12 piece. If you already have a machine and want to upgrade to the Designer Edition Studio, that is on sale too! Stop over at the Silhouette Store to see everything and when you are checking out, be sure to use the code: CUTS so they know we sent you!

40 comments:

  1. That Sunday Afternoon stack is gorgeous! Wish I had a Michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great projects thanks for the heads up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I am so in love with the Sunday Afternoon stack!!!! Awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another "must have" stack. I really like your project. I'm looking forward to spring. Congratulations on buying a Silhouette Cameo, I've wanted one for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blarg!!! I finally broke down and bout the designer edition three days ago!!!! Now it's half-off, should have held out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every stack I must have! I should just paper the walls with DCWV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These stacks are great each one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new stacks, can't wait to purchase my faves... I bought a Cameo in January and have yet to take it out of the box. This might just be the inspiration I need to start playing with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Sunday afternoon stack! It takes me back to weekends when we would visit my grandparents. We did most of the activities that are on these pages! Thanks for the trrip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. have had my cameo for a few months now and love, love, love it. it cuts small, intricate patterns beautifully---no more ripped (and wasted) paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely project! I too have been eyeing the Cameo but I'll just have to wait until my Cricut machines die LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cool. I have been thinking seriously about a Cameo. Feeling like I can't since I have CE2. Tough decision

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't go wrong with the Silhouette! I LOVE mine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your project. You did so well on it. This is a very cute collection to use too. I wish I had a cameo. I will just have to keep collecting those penny's for now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute! Love the mix of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your lovely new toy!!!
    What a fab stack too - perfect for your cheery Spring welcome :)
    Looking forward to seeing your next Silhouette creation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Silhouette is awesome. i have just about every cricut made and it just wasn't doing it for me so i got a silhouette and its made me a very happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Silhouette is an excellent choice! Glad you're having so much fun with it. This project looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never been so tempted to order an electronic die cutter! You're baaaad!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the shelf decor! thanks for sharing your project.

    ♥Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute project! I have been wanting a Cameo for so long. One day... Btw, can't wait for the Sunday Afternoon Stack - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun project - love the Sunday Afternoon Stack. Fab colors. Can't wait to see what you make with your new Sillhoutte. I've been debating about getting one, so now I have more information to work with. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great stack and amazing project. Pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That stack is to die for!!! I love it! I wish Michael's was close by!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous project! That stack is so pretty~! I tell ya, I would not care at all that it's only 8 in. cutting mat... I just want one so bad!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just beautiful color combinations...love the use of the negative space! TFS & good luck with your new Silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm happy for you Erin.That is indeed a great price. Beautiful creation, I hope your spring comes soon too. We are expecting it in about a week! I know....I shouldn't rub it in, sorry. I can't wait for the Azaelias to bloom! There's a big beautiful bush in the little park across from our building. It blooms beautiful pink blossoms. I hope your spring follows soon. Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh no! Now your creations will include some Silhouette technique. I guess I seriously need to start setting aside some $ for a Cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  29. How cool, congrats on your new crafting tool! Your project was so cute, and I loved how easy it was to make:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    moni023 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fun project! I love the spring theme. The stack looks fun..something I need to add to my collection :)

    ~Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  31. the sunday afternoon stack looks super cute:) I will have to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. So awesome! Love that stack, too!
    And scrappers I know LOVE the Cameo! Now, I just have to find the $$$ !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hope you enjoy your new "toy". I am loving all of the new stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Definitely another "must have" stack!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice project and love the dominos paper

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oooo, I think I need to make a trip to Michaels....

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats, Erin!! That is awesome news!! Your project is so pretty. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete