Wednesday, November 21, 2012

DT Spotlight: Tessa Buys

Happy Thanksgiving Eve, everyone! Today I am trying to cram in LOTS so I can really, really enjoy my Thanksgiving weekend. Which means responding to emails and cleaning up the inbox, finishing up a few 1/2 finished projects on my desk. Opening up some boxes that have been sitting by my front door a couple days :) 

But before I get to all of that, I want to feature one of our Design Team Stack-a-holics because I am THANKFUL for them!!! They have made the content of my blog AMAZING and have helped me any time I need it. They are always willing to overnight anything I need when we are in a bind. I hope they know how thankful I am for all of them!

Today our spotlight is on Miss Tessa Buys! You will no doubt LOVE her projects and her story :)


Tessa's Fabulous Blog can be found HERE!


Her sweet words from her submission this summer. Tessa is a total sweetheart!

My name is Tessa Buys and I have a very special spot in my scrappy heart for DCWV. Back in 1999 when I started scrapbooking, DCWV stacks were my stash builders! I loved collecting them, and most of all, creating with them. As the years have passed my devotion has not waned, as the several feet of stacks in my paper closet will attest to! I love to paper craft, especially layouts. However, I also love to make cards, home decor, altered art, and jewelry. I've been published in Creating Keepsakes, Paper Crafts, several Create: Idea books, Scrap 365 and Greencraft. I'm active in the online scrapbooking community and love to share and teach. I would love to be a part of the DCWV design team so that I could share my enthusiasm for DCWV and passion for papercrafting with an even wider audience. I can bring a variety of mediums to the table, I can share my work through good photography, I have experience with video classes and tutorials, I always put out my very best work for the manufacturers I design for, and I work very well with schedules and team members. I would be ecstatic beyond words to be given the opportunity to do my crafty best for DCWV!


Birthday Card / Celebrations Stack


Paper Flower Bouquet / Lemon Flower Stack


Teach Layout / Mariposa Stack


Fabric Flower Necklace / Blue Moon Beads

Tessa blows me away with everything that she creates. Plus she is a fabulous, darling Mama of BOYS which I can relate to! Thank you, Tessa, for all that you do for me and our DCWV Family!

Have a wonderful day!

29 comments:

  1. Wow, I was more impressed by each photo. What wonderful work Tessa Buys does!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Projects. You needed to be spotlighted...WTG!! Your very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa your work is beyond amazing, very creative ! Love love love the bouquet ! May you enjoy your dream of becoming a teacher someday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Tessa's creativity and beautiful pages and projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful and versatile projects, Tessa! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects on this blog. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Erin, and everyone else who sees this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just signed up to follow Tessa-I love everything I see here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of these projects. Definitely going to scraplift the page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous projects Tessa! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving Erin:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Gorgeous creations! The layout is my favourite! So lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects! Happy Thanksgiving to the DCWV family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what A+wesome designs! Love your creativity. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful projects, such inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creations Tessa! Happy Thanksgiving to you all

    ReplyDelete
  14. your flower ball is so precious. I truly love all your projects! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tessa, your work is awesome! Love it all!

    And a happy Thanksgiving to all of you here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - you are a very talented crafter Tessa - thank you for sharing your BEAUTIFUL projects with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all really gorgeous projects Tessa!!! I'm in love with cardmaking, so the card is my fave - cute cute cute little flags!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderufl projects, love the flower bouquet. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very crafty work! Love the flower bouquet--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lOVE Tessa's projects and her story of how she became a fan of DCWV way back in the beginning of her paper crafting hobby! I also found DCWV through your stacks and they've only gotten better and better over time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful projects really love the bouquet.. tfs
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete