Hello! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week :) Mine has been busy x 10 it feels like! Today will be great catch up day for me. It's so nice to have one or two of those in the middle of a crazy week.
Fall and Halloween are in full swing now! I have a fun tutorial for you today, one that you have been begging and begging for ever since July! You fell in love with our Beaded Spiders in our CHA booth and now you can make your own! I think they are just so adorable to go along with your Halloween decor. So print off these instructions, grab some Blue Moon Beads and make your own little beaded creatures!!
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- BLUE MOON BEADS: ASSORTED SEED BEADS, LARGE GLASS BEADS, MEDIUM STRING BEADS, ETC. IN HALLOWEEN THEMES AND COLORS
- BLACK JEWELRY WIRE
- JEWELRY TOOLS (NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS AND WIRE TRIMMERS)
1. CUT 1 4” SECTION OF WIRE AND 4 8” SECTIONS OF WIRE.
2. TAKE 2 LARGE (OR 1 LARGE AND 1 MEDIUM) GLASS BEADS AND STRING THEM ONTO THE CENTER OF THE 4” SECTION OF WIRE. TAKE YOUR NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS AND, GRABBING A HOLD OF THE 1ST END, TWIST THE WIRE INTO A SPIRAL SHAPE, STOPPING AT THE OUTSIDE OF THE 1ST BEAD. BEND THE SPIRAL UP AGAINST THE BEAD TO HOLD IT IN PLACE. REPEAT WITH THE OTHER END. *NOTE: IF THE WIRE STILL DOESN’T HOLD, PUT A SEED BEAD IN BETWEEN THE LARGER BEADS AND THE END OF THE WIRE.
3. TAKE YOUR 1ST PIECE OF 8” WIRE. TWIST THIS TWICE AROUND THE WIRE THAT IS IN BETWEEN YOUR LARGER BEADS, LEAVING EQUAL AMOUNTS ON EITHER SIDE. REPEAT WITH YOUR REMAINING PIECES OF WIRE.
4. BEGIN STRINGING YOUR SEED BEADS AND/OR ROUND BEADS ONTO THE EACH OF THE LEGS, TWISTING THEM TWICE TO HOLD THEM INTO PLACE.
5. ONCE YOUR LEGS ARE FINISHED, BEND THEM AS DESIRED AND PUT OUT TO DISPLAY.
6. REPEAT AS DESIRED.