Monday, October 8, 2012

DIY Chalkboard Skeleton

Do you remember this pretty little thing from our CHA booth in July?


Well "Gertie the Skeleton" has become quite popular! I will be on a local Utah morning show tomorrow morning to show how to make one of your very own! For those local to Utah, watch Studio 5 on Tuesday, 10/9 at 11am on KSL Channel 5!

*Update! Watch the TV segment HERE!


I will post a link to the segment when it is online. But the concept is pretty simple.

Get a Skeleton.
Paint it with chalkboard paint.
Doodle on her with a chalkboard pen.
Jazz her up with some jewelry.
Make her a paper crown!

 Here is a template for the crown, you can make all kinds of crowns with this template and by only using one piece of 12x12 paper.


I will post a link to the segment when I get it! I just love Halloween and hope we inspire you to create fun holiday elements for your day!

Have a wonderful day :)


23 comments:

  1. It's like a cross between Mardi Gras and Day of the Dead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Gertie!! I already own the paint, I just need to find a skeleton... and some bling :)

    Scrappy Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the bling! Like the purple, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Great way to bling up Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that skeleton is so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the template to the crown, you never know when you need one ;) Look forward to seeing the link of the show! Congrats to the winner! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this. I was beginning to think that Gertie was made of paper! And I just couldn't figure out how! lololol
    Big hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to find Gertie isn't made of paper. So much easier to use chalkboard paint and bling. Thanks for the crown pattern. Such a fun project and good luck on the show. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I would have seen this post earlier as I would have recorded the segment. You make it sound so simple to create this lovely skeleton.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol Gertie is an interesting sort. thanks for sharing her =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love Gertie!! :D tfs the template.
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how decked out the crown is, very sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the sparkle and shine! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Looks amazing. Thanks for showing us how to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talk about Spook but so much fub....thanks for sharing, Erin!!

    ReplyDelete