Monday, September 17, 2012

DT Spotlight: RIta Barakat

Hello there!! Thanks for stopping by this lovely Monday. I hope everyone had a great weekend. We seemed to cram a ton of stuff into 2 short days. But it was awesome. Except my football team lost by missing a last minute field goal. Ugh....horrible!! 

I saw this last night and just had to laugh...


Am I the only one who feels like this every Sunday night?! I guess I should just suck it up and be grateful I get another Monday :) I'll try to remember that when my Monday morning alarm is going off!

This Monday is exciting for Miss Rita because today we get to do a spotlight on her!


Rita is such an awesome member of our Design Team! She has a unique look and she is amazing when it comes to Mixed Media projects. She loves to get her hands dirty!


Here is how she explained her crafting background:

I have been scrap booking and crafting for about eight years and one of the first products I used was DCWV! I have several (OK ...by several, I really mean a LOT) collections of DCWV stacks (YES, I can admit I am a DCWV Stack-a-holic) in my scrapbook room! I am impressed how the quality and the designs of DCWV remain to be cutting edge today! I love scrap booking, mixed media, art journaling and crafting - DCWV makes it easy with so many wonderful options of product to choose from! 
See more of Rita's fabulous work on her blog   http://letsembellish.blogspot.com
Here are a few of her beautiful creations...





I love Rita's style! I think that's what I love the most about having a Design Team. You see so many different styles all using the same kinds of projects. So much fun and so inspiring!!

I hope you enjoyed getting to know Rita! We will feature another member of our DT next month!!

Have a wonderful day!


44 comments:

  1. First, the pic of the baby is hilarious! I can remember my kids napping like that, what a great caption to go with. Second, Rita's projects are beautiful! I especially love that banner at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!! Love Rita's scrapbook page with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fuuny, great way to start Monday:)lol. Rita's projects are so cute! Love all the buterflies she used throughout her projects.

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the baby pic LOL Rita- your projects are beautiful, thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby is hilarious and mine use to sleep like that too. Rita's projects are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita is an amazung designer was glad to see her name on
    dt list

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects from Rita and love the baby picture and caption.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo is really funny! I've been following Rita for a while, her work is always outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all the projects they look amazing! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool work! I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are Gorgeous I love all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the layout. That string/rope circle is so cute and really draws the eye. Can't wait to see more of your work. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stuff Rita! Love your projects every time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for introducing us to Rita, she is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nice to meet you, Rita. Love your work. Looking forward to more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WTG, Rita!! So excited for you!!
    Love your amazing projects and especially the banner it is Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your projects with us Rita! You have a very pretty and unique style!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute baby photo -- the caption is how I feel a lot, too. Love the projects that Rita made.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mariposa is my favorite. Her projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome post, Erin! It is always great to hear from you!!

    Rita, it is a pleasure to meet you!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I just love those projects! Rita has such flair and pays attention to all those little details that make a project a knockout!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I subscribe to Rita's blog, love her work!! The recipe book is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoo hoo! Rita! Beautiful work....Nice to see you here...:)xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your projects and all the butterflies too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. When I first saw the title I thought the baby was a new member of the family named Rita! lolol Silly me. I love Rita's style. The use of DCWV's paper is fabulous. Thanks for sharing her blog addy, I'm heading over to check out some of these projects.
    TFS Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the projects and butterflies...........thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW, I love your style, is the little rolling pin card an easel for the recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these 'getting to know' the design team member posts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love all the projects! The banner is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's great getting to Rita. I'm enjoying the DT members blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. cute picture of the baby - funny caption. really like the lo with the butterfly. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the pink banner and nice layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautiful projects! love the layout and banner

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful projects. The banner is awesome. Love the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful projects! The DT are such a talented bunch of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! All you creative people out there! What a great way to kick off a fall season of crafting. I love this site! Such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete