Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy with Homespun

Hello! Did you have a wonderful weekend? We spent the weekend on the mountain above our house camping with friends. It was SO FUN and a much needed time out from everything! School starts TOMORROW! Aghhh! I don't know how I am going to wake up so early again. I just love the laid back schedule of summer. It's going to be a hard week getting back into "the school thing". Probably most of all for me! I will post some 1st day photos tomorrow...I will have a Kindergartner and a 2nd Grader!!! I remember THIS blog post CLEARLY as I sent my oldest off to Kindergarten. It's so hard! I'm going to miss my baby being home with me all day. But I am excited for his big adventure :)

I have a couple winners from last week's blog comments! If you are a winner, send me your address and I will get you your prize right out to you! {erinmadsen@diecutsinc.com} Congrats to:

I can't believe those pumpkins are made of paper! I so would love to make that glow in the dark wreath! Very Clever Ladies!!


AND


Beautiful work ladies!




I wanted to share with you a few projects that I made last week using the Homespun Stack which is at Jo-Ann Stores right now! I love the colors and all of the fun birds and stitching in this stack. I love this layout-and for the banner words I used the Chalkboard Stack which was fun :)


Oh I just love my cute hubby :) He is the BEST!


And here are a couple cards!


Aren't these little guys cute? I cut some extra wings to give it a little dimension.


And I would just love getting this card in the mail! So simple and cute :)

I hope you all have a great day! I'll be back here tomorrow!

43 comments:

  1. super sweet..love the homespun stack too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners! Cute projects! Really like the LO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that LO! I need a nice pic of hubby and I to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute cards! I've gotta get myself to a Jo-Ann's soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been a busy crafting lady lately! I love all your cute projects! I have that stack on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, I am not a card person, but those are SO cute!! I love how you added the extra layer to give it more dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay... I just bought the Bewitched stack...now I have to go back to the store and get the Homespun stack now too!!! :) LOL! Too cute! :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, you guys look great! I love the cards, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winners.
    I love love this Layouts they are amazing. love the colors and the ayering. super Cool thanks for sharing and for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute cards. Like how you raised some of the
    wordings.

    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww-I know the feeling, Erin. I know how proud you are of your kids. It is so very special!!

    Congrats to Tisha and NinaN! Enjoy your goodies!!

    Thanks so much for the inspiration. Your layout and cards are so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all!! Love all the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful projects today. Love the stitching details on the layout, and faux stitches on the cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've just started doing cards and really like the sketches and inspiration on this site! Love the card with the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dimension on both cards ! Very sweet layout :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving this stack! Great layout and the hello card is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy first day of school to your boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the new paper stack. Can't wait to own it myself. Your pages and cars are fab.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have the mat stack JUST for card making. Such a fun stack!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that looks like a great stack, love the banner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I see my wallet coming less heavy....gotta go get this stack. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So great that you sat down and created something with the beautiful family photos you had taken. Great cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to the winners! Beautiful layout and super cute cards!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the pictures! Wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes you and your hubby do look so happy. The cards & layout are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The birds are adorable and love the Hello card pop-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You'll manaage sweetie. It's deffinately a milestone for the 'baby'. He'll have a wonderful day. Great cards, and that layout is beautiful. I'll bet it's one of your fave's.
    TFS Hugs,Jess

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the layout and cards. Can't believe that it is time for school to start again. Time sure does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this layout, it absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this layout! Thanks for always sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The paper is beautiful, but with such a gorgeous photo of such an awesome looking couple, it's a winner!!
    Thanks for sharing your creative genius.
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow Erin I love the layout. The colors are great and I love the zig zag!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute cards, love the sewing on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi. i'm Brazilian.. I Liked the Cards, This is very cutes... congrats

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such cute projects, Erin! I love the tweet card, and all the bright colors in this stack!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful LO and I love the cards!! Great papers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete