Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Stack-a-hoic Challenge



Why hello August! So nice of you to make your presence here! Time keeps flying on...has anyone figured out how freeze summer? Because I am not ready for my little boys to go back to school! The good thing about August being here is another Stack-a-holic Challenge!! If you have never played with us before, here is how it works! Create a layout based on the given template using one of our many stacks! Submit your page by August 29th by either emailing it to me {erinmadsen@diecutsinc.com}, posting a photo of it on our DCWV Facebook Page or by posting it on your blog and sending me a link. 

Our sketches this month come from Sketch Savvy and Got Sketch! As always, your sketches are so fun to work with! THANK YOU for letting DCWV use them!!

So here we go! This will be your layout sketch for August.


My philosophy: anytime you can get 4 photos on a 12x12 layout, you have succeeded! Love that about this sketch! I found some Spring Break photos I wanted to scrap but I just HAD to use this new Wild Splendor Stack which is coming out at Michaels in August. 


Fall Stack + Spring Break pictures?? YUP!


Just another thing I LOVE about our stacks! Sure, we have a theme to most of the stacks but there are always prints in there that can be used for anything! This chevron print was just calling out for me :)


I love how it turned out! The sketch didn't have room for a title so I snuck one in. As a bonus, here is DT Stack-a-holic, Sara Andrews take on the sketch!


I love how she used the Polaroids in the Snapshot Stack as some of her photos.

Now for the card sketch...


Can we not get enough of the banners?? I am still loving them and loving this sketch. And the perfect stack to go with this sketch?


Sweet Blossom Stack also coming out to Michaels! If you didn't think you needed this stack now, does this card help?


I just adore this card. The prints in this stack are just gorgeous and the paper feel like wallpaper almost. You just can't describe it, you must pick it up and feel for yourself. 


So who wants to play?? I can't wait to see what you create!! You guys are AMAZING!!!

Have a fabulous Wednesday!!!

36 comments:

  1. Love these papers! Maybe I'll try for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love your banner on the LO! the pinks on the sweet blossom stack are so pretty! I think Sarah has a great take on the sketch! What a fun LO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sketch. It makes me totally want to join in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are fun sketches. I like the examples. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love these two sketches! So fantastic! Have fun with them everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the sketches! Can't wait to get started. Love the new stacks too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that chevron paper too ! Cute layout ! Great sketch !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome sketches! Loving the new paper stacks,I think I need to both of them:)lol. Hope to play along soon.

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layouts...Love the sketches. Cant wait to try my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that foil in the Wild Splendor stack. Your layout is so sweet. Love Sara's take on the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sketches to try this month! Especially like the card sketch - that's more my speed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't participated the past few months. I hope to be able to join in for August.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and fun samples and awesome sketches!! I cant wait to use them.
    Thanks!
    Jess M

    ReplyDelete
  14. The challenge looks really great this month. Love the projects that you did Erin. I also like the LO that Sara did.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the new stacks. your layouts are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These r great I will give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that card! I haven't gotten into flags much, but those drew me right in. TFS Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. The new stacks are great! Banners and flags are so "in" right now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great projects! I hope I'll be able to participate this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, yes, I want to play! These sketches are AWESOME, and I love the examples. The texture in the Sweet Blossom stack is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these sketches. Look forward to seeing some projects done with them. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the sketches and the new stacks look so good. WOW. Gonna need a cabinet just for the marvelous paper you've got this year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, these papers are just beautiful. Love the Wild Splendor stack with all my favorite colors. Great layouts and sketches. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the colors and great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These sketches are awesome and so are the projects!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm already in love with both of this month's sketches!
    I've taken part into the photo-a-day project since March, and the layout sketch if perfect for those favourite photos, since they are all in square format on my iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow wow wow! gorgeous layout and card. I can't wait to play as soon as I finish 2 batches of orders. huhuhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the card sketch, I can use many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope I have the chance to participate this month. I haven't done a challenge in a long time. I do love the inspiration from all the sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i gonna try gotta play in my craftroom. I think it misses me. lol. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete