*To be entered in our weekly stack giveaways, leave a comment on each blog post throughout the week. Leave me a comment each time you share our blog post on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest! Winners will be chosen at random from comments from the entire week combined.
4 entries per post per person*
Hello my blog friends! I hope everyone is having a great week. I am enjoying having my little guys at home with me while I work. We have a new summer chores system going and it's making my life MUCH better :) I can hear my 7 year old vacuuming while I type! Beautiful :) I hope they keep it up all summer long...that's the trick, right?!
Do you need to dress up your door for summer? This darling butterfly wreath would look so cute on your front door! You could make the butterflies with bright colored paper and it would just pop off the door :)
I love today's project! I for sure need to make my own for my own door. Here are the step by step instructions and the butterfly template to make your own!
Blue Butterfly Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS
· DCWV ALL DRESSED UP STACK 12”X12” PRINTED STACK
· DCWV BUTTERFLY TEMPLATE
· GRAPEVINE WREATH
· 2 STRANDS OF SILVER GLITTER BEADS
· 2 STRANDS OF CLEAR BEADS
· SILVER GLITTER
· 26 GAUGE SILVER AND BLUE BEADING WIRE
· BEADING PLIERS
· ELECTRIC DRILL (*OPTIONAL)
· PAPER CRAFTING ADHESIVE (INCLUDING HOT GLUE)
1. PRINT AND CUT OUT THE DCWV BUTTERFLY TEMPLATE. TRACE BOTH BUTTERFLY PIECES 16 TIMES EACH ONTO THE BACK OF YOUR DESIRED PRINTS. CUT THESE OUT.
2. LAY THEM OUT IN SETS OF 2 IN FRONT OF YOU, GIVING YOU A TOTAL OF 16 SETS. ADHERE THE CENTER OF EACH BUTTERFLY TOGETHER ON THE MAIN BODY ONLY. *NOTE: DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF YOUR WREATH, LAY OUT YOUR BUTTERFLIES ON THE WREATH AT THIS POINT TO MAKE SURE YOU WILL HAVE ENOUGH. IF NOT, CUT MORE AT THIS POINT.
3. TAKE OUT YOUR BEADING WIRE, BEAD STRANDS, AND PLIERS. MEASURE 3 1/2" OF WIRE, THREAD 4-5 BEADS (CAN USE THE SAME COLORS OR ALTERNATING ONES) ONTO THE NEXT SECTION OF WIRE, AND ADD ON AN ADDITIONAL 3 1/2" BEFORE CUTTING THE WIRE AT THE END. SET THE BEADS ON THE CENTER OF YOUR 1ST BUTTERFLY, WRAPPING THE WIRE ENDS AROUND TO THE BACK OF THE BUTTERFLY. TWIST THESE 2 SECTIONS TOGETHER, TRIMMING THE EXCESS AND WRAPPING THE LOOSE ENDS INTO THE EXISTING SHAPE. REPEAT THIS PROCESS FOR YOUR REMAINING BUTTERFLIES.
4. BEFORE ADHERING THE BUTTERFLIES TO THE WREATH, ADD A SET OF ANTENNA ONTO EACH ONE. TO DO THIS, CUT A 4 1/2” PIECE OF BLUE AND SILVER BEADING WIRE (TOTAL OF 2 PIECES). ATTACH THEM TO THE BUTTERFLY (EITHER BEHIND THE BUTTERFLY OR TO THE TOP OF THE BEADED SECTION). TWIST THESE PIECES TOGETHER, BENDING THE TOP INTO A SMALL LOOP WITH YOUR PLIERS WHEN YOU REACH THE END. ADD A 2ND ANTENNA TO YOUR BUTTERFLY USING THE SAME METHOD. REPEAT THIS PROCESS FOR THE REST OF THE BUTTERFLIES. *NOTE: TO ACCELERATE THIS PROCESS, USE THE END OF A POWER DRILL TO WRAP YOUR WIRES TOGETHER. MAKE SURE TO USE IT ON LOW SPEED AND HOLD ONTO ONE END SO THAT IT WILL STAY IN ONE LINE.
Have a wonderful day! I will be back here on Friday with another great project idea :)