*To be entered in our weekly stack giveaways, leave a comment on each blog post throughout the week. Leave me a comment each time you share our blog post on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest! Winners will be chosen at random from comments from the entire week combined.
4 entries per post per person*
Welcome back to the DCWV Diary! I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was busy but really good. The weather was beautiful, we got to spend time with lots of friends and got plenty done on our "to do list" around the house. Can't complain about that kind of weekend! This week is the last week of school around here! I am so happy...no early morning alarm clocks, no more packing lunches and plenty of pool days! It's so close I can taste it!
I want to announce our 2 winners from last week's blog comments! I loved reading all of them, especially the Steampunk replies! I am so glad that my little explanation helped some of you understand the trend a little more. Winners: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get your stacks right to you!
Love the vintage/futuristic vibe :)
I have another great idea that you can use for a teacher "thank you" gift for the end of the year. I know not everyone does this, but we do and I think it finishes off the school year on the right note.
I love this mini chalkboard & pencil cup set! It uses the Grade School Stack which is perfect for any kind of teacher or school gift. Here are the instructions on how to make and what you will need.
Grade School Chalkboard and Pencil Cup Set
Supplies & Tools
· DCWV GRADE SCHOOL12”X12” PRINTED STACK
· FRAMED CHALKBOARD
· RIBBON: 1/8” BLACK SILK RIBBON, 3/8” RED SILK RIBBON, 1/2" BLACK RIBBON WITH WHITE DOTS, AND 1/2" SCHOOL-THEMED RIBBON
· CLEAR PLASTIC PENCIL HOLDER CUP
· PAPER TRIMMER
· PAPER CRAFTING ADHESIVE
1. SELECT AND CUT CORRESPONDING PRINTS TO COVER THE UNFINISHED EDGE OF THE FRAMED CHALKBOARD. ADHERE PRINTS IN PLACE.
2. TIE A BOW USING THE BLACK RIBBON WITH WHITE POLKA DOTS AND THE SCHOOL-THEMED RIBBON. ADHERE THIS TO TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE FRAME.
3. EMBELLISH THE FRAME BY CUTTING IMAGES FROM THE STACK AND ADHERING THEM WHERE DESIRED. TO FINISH, ATTACH A PIECE OF CHALK TO YOUR 1/8” BLACK RIBBON AND SECURE THE END UNDER THE BOW IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER.
1. SELECT YOUR DESIRED PRINT. CUT A SECTION WIDE ENOUGH TO COVER THE INSIDE OF THE CUP. INSERT PAPER INTO CUP, ADHERING IN PLACE IF DESIRED.
2. TIE SCHOOL-THEMED RIBBON AROUND THE TOP OF THE CUP, FINISHING IT OFF A KNOT.
3. EMBELLISH CUP BY CUTTING OUT AN IMAGE FROM PAPER. ATTACH THIS TO THE CENTER OF THE KNOT WITH A PAPERCLIP AND AN ADDITIONAL SECTION OF RIBBON.
Have a wonderful week as summer totally teases us! I'll see you back here on Wednesday!