Monday, May 14, 2012

CHA Tutorial: Beaded Inch Worms


Hey friends! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Mine was fabulous! My cute hubby and kids always find a way to make me feel even MORE special than they do on a normal day. I am a pretty lucky girl :) The highlight of my day was probably when my 5 year old gave me this note that he wrote in his class at church.


I am pretty sure my kid is the only 5 year old who promised to stop swearing for his Mothers Day gift! What a kid, he is always keeping me on my toes :)

I want to announce our stack winners from last week! Remember, I choose these winners randomly from all of the blog comments from the previous week. Congrats to:


Congrats girls! :]
            

Cute baby brag book! Congrats to the winners!

Email me your addresses and I will get your prizes right out to you! Thank you for being our blog fan and interacting with us through the comments section :)



Remember this gorgeous piece that was on display at our CHA booth? See these cute little guys at the bottom? They are little inch worms made out of beads! These would be so cute mixed in with your spring & summer home decor!! Here is how you make them :)


Beaded Inch Worms



Supplies & Tools

·      BLUE MOON BEADS—SQUARE WOOD-TEXTURED BEADS
·      BLUE MOON BEADS—LARGE ROUND MULTI-COLORED BEAD (PROPORTIONAL TO SQUARE BEADS)
·      BLUE MOON BEADS—MEDIUM ROUND WOODEN BEAD
·      BEADING WIRE
·      JEWELRY TOOLS (I.E. PLIERS)


Directions

1.    TAKE YOUR BEADING WIRE AND ATTACH THE MEDIUM ROUND WOODEN BEAD TO THE END, THREADING ANY LOOSE PIECES BACK THROUGH THE CENTER OF THE BEAD.
2.    STRING 11 SQUARE BEADS ON NEXT, BEING SURE TO BEND YOUR WIRE TO GIVE THE “WORM” A LIFE-LIKE LOOK.
3.    FINISH BY ADDING A THE LARGE ROUND MULTI-COLORED BEAD TO THE END, THREADING ANY LOOSE ENDS BACK THROUGH THE CENTER OF THE BEAD.
4.    REPEAT AS DESIRED.


Have a wonderful day! I will be back on Wednesday with a great end of the year Teacher gift! Yes, it's THAT time of year around here! YAY!!! ;)


42 comments:

  1. Those worms are so cute! Love the promises....especially the one about not swearing.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous flower decor and the bead worm is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a worm I wouldn't mind being in my home. They're so cute; thanks for the tutorial on how to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute flowers and who thought an inch worm could ever be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute craft!! This would be really fun to do with my kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thaks for sharing how to make the cute worms. Congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winners and thanks for the inch worm tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable inch worms...thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute--I like the square beads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these worms. They are so adorable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Mother's Day note! Really makes you wonder about the discussion they had in class... (and the worm is cute also).

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful Mother's Day gift. Those worms are fantastic!

    ~luanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an adorable note, too funny!! Those inch worms are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that's cute! A 5 yr old not swearing lol!!! I love what comes out of kids mouths.
    Loving the inchworms. Very cute, I see them in green. TFS
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. How funny about your son not swearing....to funny!!!! but adorable....you need to keep that one for future reference....
    Love the inch worm....how adorable....and to be honest with you I didn't see the worm before....but love it....would also look cute on a layout....how fun...thank you for the tutorial....

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea. Love the "no swearing" - only a child, right?
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to the winners, and love that inchworm!

    And LOL re: the swearing!! Out of the mouths of babes....right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG your son's note is to cute and funny. Congrat to the winners.

    StefanieH

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute! TFS

    circlebenterprisesdotcom

    ReplyDelete
  20. ha ha! I love that note!!!! kids really say the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your son's note is darling! I taught that age group once and laughed my head off at the cute things they said

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the note! Worms are so cute, and would look great in a patio.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute note!!! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How cute.

    marg 0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gotta love that note! Any five-year old who will give up swearing is one great kid! So, so cute! Thanks for the directions for the inch worm. He's cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That note is the funniest! Love the beaded worm too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a neat Mother's Day note! That one will have to be put in a scrapbook somewhere for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Not swearing!!?! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats, winners!! Ah, what a Mother's Day, Erin!! 'Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. fantastic idea. I loved the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is lovely. tfs
    motherloves3 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the CHA display and of course your little worm. thanks for recipe:)
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. How very clever is your tree and worms! thanks for sharing the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  34. what an adorable note. Gotta love the ind of kids.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your Mother's day gifts! Kids can be so creative LOL
    Cute little worm there too

    ReplyDelete