*To be entered in our weekly stack giveaways, leave a comment on each blog post throughout the week. Leave me a comment each time you share our blog post on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest! Winners will be chosen at random from comments from the entire week combined.
4 entries per post per person*
Hello! Thanks for stopping by the blog today! You will be glad that you did, I promise. Things around here are busy, busy! Next week I am off to Cleveland & Dallas and am preparing several projects for both stops. I will be filming some segments in Cleveland for Scrapbook Soup, which is the scrapbooking show on PBS. The ladies there are so great, it should be a fun day with them. Then the next day I go to Dallas to film some fun stuff for Michaels. And we all know how much I love my friends at M's :) And I hear the incredibly talented Jo Pearson is celebrating her 25th Anniversary with Michaels this month! Amazing! Maybe one day they will say that about me at DCWV ;)
Today we get to spotlight the one and only Peacock from our CHA booth! So many of you have been asking how to make this! I can tell you a few things and then I can give you the template for the feathers. The gorgeous peacock feather has endless opportunities when it comes to crafting!
The form for the bird was made with paper mache and then covered in wiring. That makes a great base for covering with paper.
The head and body is covered in small circles that are snipped and glued to make a very slight cone shape. That gives the body and head the dimension of the bird.
The body is covered in feathers and beads! The feathers are glittered around the edges which really makes them pop. Here are some more detailed instructions on how to make the feathers along with a template. My little boy walked in and said, "Is that bird made with paper?!" Even he was amazed ;)
Peacock Feather Tutorial
Supplies & Tools
· DCWV 12”X12” BRIGHTS CARDSTOCK STACK
· DCWV 12”X12” ROYAL GARDEN STACK
· DCWV PEACOCK FEATHER TEMPLATE
· BLUE MOON BEADS—LARGE GLASS FEATHER PENNANTS, GREEN ROUND BEADS
· BEADING WIRE
· PAPER PIERCER
· PAPER CRAFTING ADHESIVE
1. PRINT AND CUT OUT THE DCWV PEACOCK FEATHER TEMPLATE. TRACE THIS ONTO THE BACK OF YOUR DESIRED SOLID. CUT OUT.
2. TAKE YOUR ROYAL GARDEN STACK AND CUT OUT A LARGE TEARDROP SHAPE (THIS WILL GO IN BODY OF FEATHER). ADHERE IN PLACE.
3. ROLL EDGES OF FEATHER BACK TO GIVE SHAPE AND DIMENSION. ADD GLITTER AROUND OUTSIDE OF THE FEATHER. SET ASIDE TO DRY.
4. WHILE GLITTER IS DRYING, CUT A 10” SECTION OF BEADING WIRE. ATTACH LARGE GLASS PENDANT TO ONE END OF THE WIRE. TAKE GREEN BEADS AND THREAD THEM ON NEXT, MAKING A 6” LONG SECTION.
5. ONCE GLITTER IS DRY, ATTACH BEADS TO TOP OF FEATHER (USE PAPER PIERCER TO POKE HOLE AND HIDE BARE WIRE BEHIND PAPER).
6. REPEAT AS DESIRED.
Have a wonderful day!!