*To be entered in our weekly stack giveaways, leave a comment on each blog post throughout the week. Leave me a comment each time you share our blog post on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest! Winners will be chosen at random from comments from the entire week combined.
4 entries per post per person*
Hey everyone! So have you noticed that on the last 3 Wednesday's, I have been posting tutorials of projects from our CHA booth? I'm seeing a little trend here ;) I hope you are enjoying them! So many people worked so hard on creations that were displayed in our booth. We love that you want to learn how to make them too!!
Today's tutorial is on these cool beaded flowers. They even look like star fish to me :)
Here is a closer look. I can't believe how gorgeous our Blue Moon Beads are! They look like little pieces of art.
Tropical Bead Flower
Supplies & Tools
· BLUE MOON BEADS: IVORY SHELL BEADS, BROWN SHELL LEAF BEADS, CHAMPAGNE-COLORED SEED BEADS, 10MM ROUND NATURAL PINK BEADS, MEDIUM ROUND CHAMPAGNE SWIRL BEADS, 1 1/2" FLAT ROUND PENNANT, 2 1/2" CLEAR GLASS LEAF PENNANT, ASSORTED NATURAL-COLORED BEADS
*NOTE: ROUND PENNANT NEEDS TO HAVE HOLES IN IT SO THAT WIRE CAN BE WEAVED THROUGH AVAILABLE SPACES
· 32 GAUGE BEADING WIRE
· BEADING PLIERS
1. REMOVE 5 SHELL LEAF BEADS AND 5 IVORY SHELL BEADS FROM THEIR STRANDS. REMOVE 5 MEDIUM ROUND CHAMPAIGN SWIRL AND 6 NATURAL PINK BEADS FROM THEIR STRANDS AS WELL.
2. BEGINNING WITH A LONG SECTION OF WIRE, WEAVE IN AND OUT ONCE AROUND ONE SECTION OF THE ROUND PENNANT, LEAVING BOTH ENDS ON THE TOP. THREAD ON A LEAF BEAD AND REWRAP AROUND THE ROUND PENNANT. THREAD ON 5 SEED BEADS, A PINK BEAD, 4 SEED BEADS, THREAD BACK THROUGH THE PINK BEAD, AND ADD 5 MORE SEED BEADS. THREAD BACK DOWN THROUGH THE ROUND DISK ON THE BOTTOM AND BACK UP.
3. CONTINUE THE ABOVE PROCESS, ADDING MORE SHELL BEADS, SEED BEADS, ROUND BEADS, CLEAR SPACER BEADS, ETC. UNTIL YOU’VE MADE A ROUND ARRANGEMENT AROUND THE TOP OF THE DISK.
4. FINISH OFF THE FLOWER BY ATTACHING A LARGE GLASS LEAF PENNANT TO THE BOTTOM WITH WIRE.
I hope we have inspired you to create your own little pieces of art! Have a wonderful day :)