*To be entered in our weekly stack giveaways, leave a comment on each blog post throughout the week. Leave me a comment each time you share our blog post on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest! Winners will be chosen at random from comments from the entire week combined.
4 entries per post per person*
Hello!! Thanks for stopping by the blog! Today is a quiet day in the office for me. And I may or may not be working in my jammies ;) Doesn't happen too often but when I don't have to leave my house other than to get a Diet Coke at the gas station, it's pretty tempting! I am working on a fun, spring home decor piece for the blog on Friday. It's turning out so cute! Can't wait to show you :)
I am back today with another tutorial from our CHA booth. Remember this gorgeous tree covered in butterflies, beads & jewelry?
There were some gorgeous beaded butterflies mixed into the tree. I think these would be so fun and easy to make and mix into your spring & Easter decorations. You could use any color paper and really customize them to your space.
Supplies & Tools
· DCWV BRIGHTS CARDSTOCK STACK
· DCWV BUTTERFLY TEMPLATE
· BLUE MOON BEADS: BLUE GLASS BEADS
· PAPERCRAFTING ADHESIVE
· CRAFT WIRE
· BEAD PLIERS
1. PRINT AND CUT OUT THE BUTTERFLY TEMPLATE. TRACE DESIRED SIZES ONTO YOUR CHOSEN SHADES OF CARDSTOCK AND CUT THEM OUT. *NOTE: FOR EVERY SMALL BUTTERFLY, YOU WILL NEED A LARGE ONE (AND VISE VERSA).
2. ADHERE THE BODY OF ONE SMALL BUTTERFLY ONTO THE BODY OF A LARGER ONE; REPEAT UNTIL YOU’VE GLUED YOUR BUTTERFLIES TOGETHER.
3. STRING BEADS ONTO YOUR CRAFT WIRE AND ATTACH THEM TO THE BODY OF THE BUTTERFLY. REPEAT UNTIL FINISHED.
I know the template doesn't include the intricate butterfly piece on the top layer. You could use a electronic cutting machine for that, use your Xacto knife to make your own pattern or simply just use a full wing piece on top. It is still a beautiful, creative element!
Have a wonderful day!!