Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Cookie Swap Recipes

Heeeey everyone! I hope everyone had a great holiday! We had a wonderful time here at my house. My little guys were so good and extremely grateful to Santa for spoiling them :) And we even cut back this year! I am grateful for good little guys :) Lots of time with family and we had a great holiday. 
Hope yours was the same :) 

It is the last night of my holiday break! I am ready to start work tomorrow, all geared up for LOTS of CHA preperations! CHA-Winter always seems to sneak up on us since it's in January...but our booth is going to be incredible! Even my hubby has been in on the preparations, so fun :) 

I am excited to share a fun post with you. No paper involved lol. Actually our Cookie Swap Cookbooks are covered in DCWV paper but I didn't get a picture :) Whenever I hear my boss telling someone about our blog he always mentions, "And we share recipes too!" lol :) So I know he is good with me posting these pictures and recipes!


I host a Holiday Cookie Swap for some of my neighbors. I have the BEST neighbors and friends by the way :) Our neighborhood is a blast! This was my 5th year doing the Cookie Swap since I have been in the neighborhood going on 6 years. It is so much fun to get together and try new recipes. 


12 of us come and bring 3 dozen cookies each. They unload their cookies on to their spot on the counter. Then they reload 3 of each cookie back onto their platter. 


So everyone goes home with 3 cookies, 12 different kids! I pretty much don't cook dinner on cookie swap night and we just pig out.  No lie :)


Don't these look SO good! My favorites this year were the Smore Cookies & the Chocolate Mint Tassies. But really, there wasn't a bad one in the bunch!

I wanted to share the recipes this year! I gather the recipes, print little books and use my cute Christmas Stack of the year and make a cover. It's fun to look back on the last 5 years and see each of our holiday stacks featured on a cover of the cookbook. You can print these out and try them yourselves. The diet starts after New Years right?? ;) 

Have a great day! Remember, the Stack-a-holic Template Challenge ends Wednesday night so get me those entries!!! 





48 comments:

  1. All those cookies look so yummy!!! I don't want to be rude and point out a typo, but the part where everyone goes home with "12 different kids" made me laugh so hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like everyone had a great time, and the cookies look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those all look really good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look so good! Thanks for sharing the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so tasty! Those Samoa's brownies look scrumptious! My kids would love the smores ones too! Thanks for posting the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome- thanks for posting the recipes! I saw the photos and thought, "Blast! I wish I had the recipes to make a few of those- they look delish!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo....how yummy they look. Thanks for sharing the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a WONDERFUL holiday tradition, and thanks so much for sharing the recipes for those cookies....can't wait to try some of them out! Glad you had a wonderful holiday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG was just thinking those pink frosted cookies look good. thanks for sharing the recipes, I LOVE cookie exchanges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing those recipes. My mouth was watering just looking at those pictures! I love new recipes, and I'm sure I'm going to have to try all of those! Wishing you a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing these wonderful cookie recipes!!! Have a very Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum! thanks for sharing the recipes. i love baking cookies for the holidays. then i freeze them and have cookies for the rest of the year. it's just too hot in texas to bake in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing, we will make some of these for our New years Eve party,I am always looking for some different every year to try. Hope you and your family have a Blessed and safe New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmmm these sound and look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for including all these great recipes! I think I may have to make some of these even though I made seven kinds of cookies this year! They just look too good to not try!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, these all look delicous. I think a cookie swap is a wonderful social event. Thanks for sharing some of the recipes.

    circlebenterprises.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to bring dessert for a party tonight and you just gave me ideas. Thanks! :) All of them look delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Our mom's group at church used to do a cookie exchange similar to this! We would walk around the table taking 2 of each until the cookies were all gone!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look so delicious!!! Thank you for the great recipees!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun idea! Thanks for giving us the recipes. They look soooo good. 'Course I need to wait till I drop some Christmas weight before trying any!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummy, yum, yum. I will have to try a few of the receipes. They all look heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those look soooo good! Going to have to print some of those out for next year. :)

    ~Tracy
    blue.tacs at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fun! I love swapping recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh yes, the diet doesn't start until after New Years'!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful looking cookies. How fun!! I love that the recipes are included. I am saving them for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like a great time and the cookies look so yummy!
    Thanks for sharing the recipes, now which one to make first:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The cookies look so yummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks like a lot of fun. Wish that plate was in front of me, yum!
    GloriaH

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh yum!!! Looks like a lot of fun!!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yum!!! Lots of great looking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, looks like a great time was ha by all. And thank you for the cookie recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yummy...everything looks so good! Thanks for the recipes :)
    JenE, jenblossom93 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh yummy! How fun is this! Thanks for posting the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those look wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I will try those samoas brownies first. I love the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yummy! I am always looking for new cookie recipes. Thanks for sharing

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  38. Best Cookie tray I have seen yet!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love cookie swaps. I think I need to try the peppermint hugs on gingerbread.

    ReplyDelete
  40. OMG! I will totally have to try out that samoa's recipe! They all look delicious and thank you so much for sharing the recipes with us!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yummy! Looks like a great time! Thanks for posting the recipes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  42. YUM! Thanks for sharing these recipes - I'm saving this link, because I know I'll want to bake some of these later. Watch out, waistline!

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW! Thank you for all the recipes!! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for the recipes. I am going to make these for sure!! =)

    Rosalynn C.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow! I so need to do a cookie swap like this!

    ReplyDelete