Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve

It's Thanksgiving Eve 2011! I'm sure a lot of you are busy making lots of food in preparation for tomorrow. I am simply on "Pie Patrol" which is my specialty! This morning I will be making an apple crumb pie and a pumpkin pie from scratch. There is something about making pies...it makes me feel very domestic :) I love it!

I use the Pioneer Woman's Pie Crust Recipe which CANNOT be beat! I promise! It's worth the extra effort, the crust flakes in your mouth!

HERE is my Apple Crumb Pie Recipe. I double the topping so it's nice and crumby :)

And you can't beat the classic Libby's Pumpkin Pie Recipe on the side of the pumpkin puree can, right!?

Before I begin my Thanksgiving Break, I wanted to share one least paper project :) Because I am just not ready to put all of this year's fun autumn & harvest paper away!


Simply Autumn is still available at Michaels Stores. I have already gone through 2 of these stacks! I absolutely love it!! I wanted to make something that I could pull out year after year that shows the things that my boys are thankful for.


So I came up with this Thanksgiving Door Hanger. My boys love anything that they can hang on their bedroom door nob. Random boys :) For the base, I used the back chipboard piece from a random stack that I had on hand. I cut it down to 4 1/2 inches x 9 inches. I traced a cup and cut it out for the door nob hole. Covered it with some cute paper....


Added a fun bow & a Post It Note Pad. I decorated the first piece with "Troy is Thankful For..."


Each page my son can write something that he is thankful for. I love seeing his nice handwriting! Someone taught him well ;) And of course, I added the date once he was done so we could pull it out next year and continue to add to the list. I think this will be fun to use every year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow! I have so much to be grateful for and I try to live my life grateful each and every day. But it's so wonderful to have a special day where we can show our gratitude and recognize our many, many blessings. I hope each of you have a wonderful day :)


32 comments:

  1. So cute and such wonderful handwriting! You thought him well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be Thanksgiving Eve but looks outside here more like Christmas Eve,it is snowing hard here and we have at least 8 inches of the whit stuff already. Well, Happy thanksgiving to you and your family. I love the door hanger:)))
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this stack and need to stock up, I have gone through one and want another one for next year! TFS your great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! And you could easily pull those out and add them to a scrapbook later on in life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pumpkin pie too. ;) and this is a beautiful project that is so precious with your kids' handwriting. TFS, and Happy Thanksgving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really cute idea-I will have to try that with my little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter loves door hangers, too. Very random! LOL Super cute way to show what they are thankful for. What a great project to get them into at a young age - showing thanks. Love it! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! May you enjoy a day filled with family, friends, and yummy food! Love the door-hanger idea. I will have to remember this one for when my little guy gets older.

    ~ JD ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a yummy recipe. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I LOVE that stack, I need to pick it up before its gone! Happy Thanksgiving and happy pie making!! :) I'll be making mashed potatoes and pumpkin bars soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so perfect and having a recording of not only what he is thankful for but also of his hand writing is a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this stack and like your doorhanger idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute idea and so simple :)
    Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. erin this is such a sweet idea. Its a door hanger with a super cute purpose, i love it! and it's sweet to sneak by and see what the kids are happy for :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute door hanger!! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very cute idea.
    happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww! That's so simple yet so cute! Love this idea! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful creation that will bring a lot of memories as the years pass.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Jess Marin

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a neat way to preserve your boys' memories. Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those door hangers are such a fantastic idea! And the simply autumn stack is one of my very favorites! Beautiful colors and designs! Thanks for sharing Erin! I am thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another great idea Erin! My son would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute idea!!! Thanks for sharing the apple pie recipe. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is always great to be able to look back at what your kids were thinking and feeling as they grow up. Great idea! Very cute! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute project! Love this papers collections!!! TFS!!! Hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This was my 2nd year to make Pioneer Woman's Stuffing recipe! It rocks! And this year I did her mashed potatoes and they were wonderful. I even did those the day before! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Right back at you, Erin! I am sure your pies were a great hit at your dinner! Cute idea for that wonderful stack, too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great idea! I love these little door hangers for special events! And the paper in this stack is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I made your Apple Crumb Pie for my family for Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing. It will be made every year from now on. It was delicious.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete