Monday, November 21, 2011

Collage Musings Frame

Hey everyone! Can you believe it's the week of Thanksgiving?! This is my favorite holiday of the year...with Christmas a quick 2nd place :) We alternate years with our families so this year we get to go to my parents with my family which makes the holiday perfect to me :) I will have another last minute Thanksgiving craft for you on Wednesday!

First off, I want to remind everyone how I am picking giveaway winners from the blog now. Every Monday I will pick 2 winners from the comments that were left the week before on the blog posts. So everyday there is a post, be sure to leave a comment so you can hopefully be a winner one of these days! 

Congratulations to:


Really cute idea! Thanks for sharing with us.

AND

                                                                          Fran said...
Great idea. Love your creative ideas and the paper packs are awesome. Really fun. Thanks.

Email your addresses to me and I will get your prize right out to you! 
{erinmadsen@diecutsinc.com}



I wanted to show you a great gift idea using our stack, Collage Musings. Handmade gifts are the only way to go! Gifts like this one are easy, inexpensive and right from the heart :)


I purchased a $3 frame from my local superstore. I cut down a piece of patterned paper to 5x7 and framed it IN FRONT of the glass. Then I punched our hearts with a heart punch and folded them in half. Used some strong liquid glue and put the glue only on the crease of the fold so they hearts stayed 3 dimensional. That was it! 


This could easily be personalized with a name, an anniversary date or birthday. That is the great thing about handmade gifts. You can personalize anything as you create it! I hope this project gets your ideas flowing and you begin to think what you can create for people that you love this holiday season. 

Have a great Monday! I will be back here on Wednesday with my last Thanksgiving project of the season. And then it's on to Christmas! Can't wait ;)

47 comments:

  1. What a simple easy project! I've seen something similar, but it involved sewing, which just seemed like too much work. This is just great, and I love that stack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Simple and cute. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet idea! There are so many possibilities to personalize it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very chic and inexpensive idea! Endless posibilities with this project. Best of all we all womens love decor gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet, and so easy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! So clean and simple - looks great against that grungy paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love the hearts against the musical notes on the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute Erin! Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great gift idea. Love how you did it on top of the glass. Excellent tip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that idea! I'm thinking it would be cute with butterflies for a little girl's room, or ornament shapes over Christmas paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great, Erin!! Very modern. It's the most wonderful time of the year for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I love the little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is a really really cute idea! And that vintage-y music note paper you used is lovely!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable!! Love how simple it is and I agree with a previous poster that it would be adorable with butterflies in a little girl's room!

    ~Tracy
    blue.tacs at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the musical paper, I'm always a sucker for that and wood grain!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful and easy home decoration or gift idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love seeing ideas gifted artist make with DCWV paper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome!

    Stacy

    stacyhaugen at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply beautiful!!!! I just love your project..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yet another great idea for gift-giving. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a great idea!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all your wonderful gift ideas. So many of them are so inexpensive and fun to make! Thanks for all you do for us!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a completely cute project! And so cute!

    I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving either...where did the time go?!?!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really lovely idea! Very cute! Just wondering is the lovely paper in the background from the collage pack aswell? Thanks Orla

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful creations. I have my fireplace mantle decorated for Thanksgiving. Looking forward to Thanksgiving.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic idea tfs!

    Opaquewhisper

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simple, easy, inexpensive and homemade, is my idea of a great gift. Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice! I love all your ideas because they are simple and easy to do! Hope you enjoy your holidays!

    Amy V

    silly_girl_823 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great idea! Love how the frame turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can see this done with leaves and add everone's "thankful for" comments.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've seen some like this on etsy and have been wanting to try it...you've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute this project!!! Love it! Thanks for the inspiration! Love the DCWV papers collections!! Big Hugs... Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. such a darling idea!! I'm always inspired by your projects and DCWV papers!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for sharing this cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ah! This is wonderful! I need that stack! I guess I'll put it on my list for black Friday weekend ;)
    Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this Erin! I am making all my gifts this year so loving the inspiration :) Congrats to Debbie and Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Super cute! Love this idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great Idea - means you can have a 3D decoration without having to buy an expensive box frame - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  39. very cool Idea! I'll have to try this sometime. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fab idea...I alter/scrap up inexpensive & some vintage frames too..this one is adorable..thx for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  41. Whoa ... what a GREAT IDEA. I love it and definitely will give it a try. Thanks!
    SuZeQ ~ kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a great project idea! The little hearts are adorable!

    ReplyDelete