Monday, October 24, 2011

Jingle Bells Tile Coasters

Hello my friends! Hope you had a great weekend! Right now I am on the Michaels Cruise representing the best paper company in the world...our own DCWV Inc. :)

I wanted to share one of the projects that we are working on... Tile Coasters made from the Recollections Jingle Bell Stack.


These are SO dang cute in person! And super inexpensive and easy to make! 

Supplies
Jingle Bells Stack
4x4 Tiles
Felt Pads
Paper Trimmer
Scissors
Mod Podge
Foam Brushes
Clear Spray Paint
Newspaper

Instructions
Cut paper down to 4 inches x 4 inches. If you want to use several patterns of paper, cut down to 1 inch x 4 inch strips. Apply Mod Podge with a foam brush to the entire tile. Make sure you get all the way to the edges. Press your trimmed paper into the tile. Apply pressure to the paper as it dries, smoothing out any bumps of air. Allow to dry. Apply 3 coats of clear spray paint to the tile. Allow to dry. Add felt pads to 4 corners of the bottom of the tile. 

These are going to be my neighbor and teacher gifts this holiday season! They are so fun to make and the possibilities are really endless. 

Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, these are great. What a fun decorating idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute!!!
    Craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous idea!!! going to have to check out that stack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous idea! and I am so in love with this stack you have no idea. I am definitely going to need another one!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful and I can see making these with the new floral stack coming out. This paper pack is on my wish list for sure :)

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool idea, TFS! Enjoy the cruise!

    circlebenterprises.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the opportunity to make these with Erin on the cruise. It was a blast. I have been looking over your site this morning, as I recop from the trip, and would love the instructions for the bag toppers. I give baked goods as gifts and this is a great presentation for a gift. Hope to see you in Dallas presenting another great idea when the event takes place and again in 2013. The passport covers opened an explosion of ideas. Thanks for wonderful ideas. I will tune in daily.

    ReplyDelete