Monday, October 31, 2011

Great Vacation Passport Covers

Hello my friends! Hope you had a great weekend! I just got home late last night from the Michaels Cruise! I can't wait to tell you all about it and show you lots of pictures! But today...it's unpacking, laundry and LOVING on my babies :)

I wanted to share one of the projects that we worked... Great Vacation Monogram Passport Covers.



I love this idea! Why shouldn't your passport be so darling and personable?!

Supplies
Great Vacation Stack
Paper Trimmer
Scissors
Ink Pad
Needles
Matching Thread
Xacto Knife/Mat
Scotch Tape

Instructions
Trim paper to 5 inches x 7 1/4 inches. Fold in half. Hand cut or use cutting system to make on large monogram letter. Ink around edges and adhere to center of the front of the cover. Using the needle, poke holes evenly all around the letter. Use needle and thread to straight stitch around the letter. Tape down loose thread ends. Insert into the acrylic cover. Insert passport.

You shouldn't have to take your passport out of this cover when you go through security, it should be thin enough! 

Well I will be back on here tomorrow morning with our big, huge announcement that you have been waiting for!! Yippee...gonna have some HAPPY Stack-a-holics tomorrow :)


10 comments:

  1. THis is adorable! Wish I could have gone!!! ;)
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, who would have ever thought to do that!! Thanks for sharing.

    craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your back, looking forward to this mysterious announcment! Off to do some laundry myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a great idea, it looks amazing! cant wait for the big news! I hope it's posted tonight at midnight so I don't have to wait any longer ;)

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! What a great idea as the passport covers really need some pizzazz:)

    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only a crafter would have "thunk" to do this! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable idea....I want one too. Thanks for the link to the site to get them...but you have to buy 50! What am I going to do with 50!!! So now I am off to my local travel stores to see if they carry them!
    While it is so fabulous to vacation, isn't it great to get home! Have fun hugging and snuggling today...then ENOUGH of that---GIVE US THE NEWS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, great idea & super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s very unique if you have passport cover like this and it’s absolutely superb.

    ReplyDelete