Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September Stack-a-holic Challenge!

Hey friends!


I know I am a little behind this month but better late than never right?! Can't wait to PLAY this month with our 
Stack-a-holic Template Challenge!


I will give you the template...you make the page. Share it on our Facebook page, share it on your blog and send a link or email it to me at erinmadsen@diecutsinc.com. You have until September 29th to submit your page. I will pick my "Top 10" submissions to share on the blog and I will  pick a random winner from those 10 for an awesome prize of three of our newest stacks! Wanna play??!

Here is your template from Susan at Sketch Savvy!


This month I played with one of our new Recollections Stacks at Michaels! Have you seen them in your stores yet? They should be there!! LOVE this new Simply Autumn Stack!



I wanted to do a page showing off a photo of the first day of school for my little guy! The sketch called for a 4x6 photo but since there was only one photo, I wanted to do a bigger one so I did a 5x7 photo. I think it fit the page well. 



This is a GREAT layout to use your matstacks because of the smaller size! Or some stack scraps would work great too :)

In the Simply Autumn Stack, there are some great pages in the stack that have scaled down 6x6 pieces all on one 12x12 page. This is the page I used for my layout. So I got all of my little 1 inch by 2 inch rectangles from this one page! Pretty cool, right?!

I love this sketch and how the page turned out! It may be one of my favorites so far :)

Remember, you have until September 29th to get me your finished pages! 

Check out Sketch Savvy for even more sketches! 
  
I'll be back SOON with a darling Halloween project!! Love this time of year :)

26 comments:

  1. So cute. I just came back from Michaels where I purchased this stack and the Midnight Magic. Now I have another idea! Thanks.

    Happy Card Encouragement Factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many enablers online ! LOL - gonna have to look at it on my next trip out of town

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome sketch! I will be playing along! Thanks for doing these! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sketch- so many ideas for that! Your page & little cutie are adorable! My youngest started 1st grade this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome page! I love this sketch!! can't wait to play, can I do more than one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Can't wait to play along with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute layout! And that pic of your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An excellent sketch for scraps! Love your page. Thanks for the challenge - hoping I can get a chance to play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, adorable, I got the Christmas one...love the nontraditional colors. But now I need this fall one too...such a cute page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great sketch! This is my entry for this month's challenge. I used the Lemon Flower Stack.
    http://sarahlsblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/orchestra-fest.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sketch, can't wait to play with it. TFS and hosting the challenge.

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute layout! I've seen these at my store, but how did I miss that they are by DCWV?! I was thinking that they were copying DCWV because they are so similar. Now I know why I love them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I finally got mine done! This got me back in my scrapbook groove, thank you! http://rwkrafts.blogspot.com/2011/09/stackaholic-challenge-and-happy-mailbox.html

    -rachel w k

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this one!!! The new Halloween collections are AMAZING!!!
    Here is my page! I'm so happy with the results!!

    http://disneydarling07.blogspot.com/2011/09/spooktacular.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had fun with this sketch. Not sure if my layout will count since I did the little squares using my computer. The rest of the layout I used the Citrus Cardstock Stack. Thanks for the challenge.

    http://creationsinbloomat.blogspot.com/2011/09/dcwv-september-stack-holic-template.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this layout. Here is my page:
    http://virageva.blogspot.com/2011/09/csaladfa.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. This layout is awesome!!! Here is my page.

    http://thebugstampinmomma.blogspot.com/2011/09/trouble.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sketch is great and you layout is so cute!! I love your take on it, Erin!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Erin, I not only LOVED the sketch, but DCWV paper is my one and ONLY company I turn to for the MOST beautiful, best value paper pad collections. I used The Lace & Linen Stack for mine. Your layout is terrific and your little guy should only have that smile follow him throughout his school years!!!
    Thanks for the sketch challenge, this one came from the heart when I created it and with Cancer Awareness month in Oct., I hope you can appreciate the thought behind this lay out.
    Please go to my blog and see the page I put together. Thanks again,
    Claire
    http://scrapmyway.blogspot.com/2011/09/dcwv-stack-holic-september-template.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another fun sketch to work with this month Erin! Thank you! Here is my page: http://abitofscrappygoodness.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-love-participating-in-dcwv-stack.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have mine, I just saw this today and got right to work. I hope I am not to late, I worked really hard on this. It's challenging for me to follow sketches, but I did my best. I posted it on my blog. Along with a link to this site. I also posted my recipe. here is my link http://scraptaculardesigns.blogspot.com/2011/09/dcwv-sketch-challenge-inspire.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Here's my entry on my blog post:
    http://kellystamps.blogspot.com/2011/09/dcwv-september-stack-holic-sketch.html
    Thanks & good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Erin, I just sent my September layout to you via e-mail! Thanks so much for these awesome challenges!!

    ReplyDelete