Friday, September 23, 2011

3D Paper Chandelier


Another Fall Friday! Could things get any better? I hope everyone has had a great week!! This weekend, I am going to bite the bullet and decorate my whole house for Halloween!! So I will have some pictures next week of my chalkboard wall that ya'll have been asking about :) I love this time of year!!

So I realized that I have never given you a template or tutorial for one of our most talked about projects at CHA in January! The 3D Chandelier! I think it would be SO fun to make one of these for Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas to hang in the entry of your house or above the table! Don't you think??



Dots, Stripes & Plaids / Immortal Love Stacks


Here are the instructions and THIS is where you can download the template. It is a little more intense of a project but as you can see, the results are incredible! Let me know if you tackle it! I want to see pictures!


Chandelier

Products:

   DCWV: Immortal Love Stack or The Dots, Plaids and Stripes 12x12 Premium Stack
DCWV Chandelier template
 24”x36” Black foam board with black foam core
Ribbon or rope to hang chandelier in desired length (at least 24” long)
1”x12” piece of pipe
Drill (needed to put hole through pipe)
Bolt and nut set
Assorted beads
Assorted fibers
Scissors
Papercrafting adhesive
Craft knife
Glue Gun
Pencil



Instructions:
  1. Cut out template.  Adhere 6 different prints to foam board and turn over.  Trace template pattern onto back of foam board 6 different times, making sure that each print is used only once, and cut out. 
  2. Before adhering foam core pieces to the pipe, drill a small hole in the center of the pipe through one side, and directly across to the other.  Insert a bolt through the 2 holes, and secure it in place with a nut. 
  3. Adhere foam board shapes directly to the piece of pipe with hot glue. 
  4. Embellish chandelier by adding ribbons, fibers, beads and bows.



Well have a great weekend!! Get those September Stack-a-holic Template Challenge pages into me by Thursday!! I am loving what I am already seeing!!! 

11 comments:

  1. That is very kewl the 2nd one it's perfect for Halloween :) and the roses are a sweet touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, and looks really fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved this since I saw it! Going to make for our Twilight viewing party! Thank you for the template!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I can make one for the holidays! thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly lovely!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are AWESOME!!! Thanks for the template.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This template is amazing, thank you for sharing it.

    Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool project, TFS

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the chandelier pictures!!!! Anything 3D I am obsessed with. I own a graphic design company and I just purchased the 3d Cad software. It's awesome! It comes to life just like your chandelier! Thanks for sharing, with the holidays approaching this would make for a fun project!

    ReplyDelete