Monday, August 22, 2011

Ornate Ornament Tutorial

Hey friends!!! Ready for another Monday?!

Today is VERY bittersweet for me!! My little guy started 1st grade today which means he is away from me ALL DAY! I have been very blessed as a workin' mama. I have never had to have my boys in any kind of daycare. When Troy was a baby, he came to the DCWV office with me everyday. When he turned 1, I started working from home. It has worked out really well and it has allowed me to be with my kids all day while I work. So for Troy to head off to school for 7.5 hours of everyday, it hurts my heart! He is so excited and will do great but I am a little selfish wanting to hold him back and keep him little forever :) Good thing I still have one more year with my youngest before he starts Kindergarden! 


Here he is this morning...he was so excited & pumped to wear his first pair of Nike Airs :)

Time just needs to slow down!! Any of you have any tricks?!

I have another Christmas ornament tutorial for you today. This one is super easy, just get out those little scissors!! Here it is...



Try and be as precise as you can when cutting out the pieces so the pattern all matches up. If there is any overlap of paper, just trim it off once the ornament is put together.

Click HERE for the template

{Click on instructions to enlarge}

Let me know if you have any questions regarding my instructions! 
I am always here to help :)

Have a great Monday, everyone!!! Gonna make something FUN for Wednesday's post!!! 
See you back here then :)

8 comments:

  1. Your little guy looks so sweet and excited to go to school. I know what you mean about letting go. My youngest left 2 years ago to live with her Dad and go to college where he lives and I was a wreck for days. My husband thought I was going to go crazy and got be a puppy to keep me busy. LOl. Not that he intended to replace her but just to get my mind alittle off of her.
    Thanks for sharing about your personal life with us followers. We appreciate that.
    I am going to download the ornament and try it out. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the beautiful ornament tutorials! I'm gonna have to get a real tree this time. I usually get a mini :)

    Congrats on your first grader! If anyone gives you a tip about slowing down time, be sure to let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, he looks ready for 1st grade! Enjoy your quiet time and cherish your weekends! ;) This is the first year I am staying home with my little one and I am LOVING it!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww I remember that feeling I agree they grow too fast I have my last baby still at home and Im sure the years will fly by
    let me know if you figured out how to slow time I wanna be on that boat lol
    lovely ornament too
    take care
    shar

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never did figure out how to slow time down. My daughter is 22 and out of the house but I miss those days of school mom, cheer coach, taxi driver ect. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ornament, TFS

    circlebenterprises.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. yea! Thanks so much for the ornament. I am thinking about using an orange print to make a couple of these for my Black Halloween tree. :)

    Troy looks as happy as he can be! He must be having a ball. I know how hard it is, believe me. I would love for time to slow down because having my youngest move out at 19 years old just really hit me alot harder than I expected. Honestly you need the quiet by the time they are this age so it surprised me. But I have my 22 year old back home and he starts college on Monday and he is SUPER excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww your little guy looks so ready for school, I hope he had a great day. They sure do grow fast, make the most of them whilst they are small but most of all capture all the precious moments.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete