Friday, August 5, 2011

August Stack-a-holic Template Challenge!

Hey everyone!

Are you ready for the weekend? Need a little push to get your scrap supplies and stacks out and get some pages done?? Well I have a challenge for you!!!


I will give you the template...you make the page. Share it on our Facebook page, share it on your blog and send a link or email it to me at erinmadsen@diecutsinc.com. You have until August 29th to submit your page. I will pick my "Top 10" submissions to share on the blog and I will  pick a random winner from those 10 for an awesome prize of three of our newest stacks! Wanna play??!

Here is your template from Susan at Sketch Savvy!

{click layout for a larger view}

I pulled out my "All About Boys 2" Stack that came out earlier this year! I love this one, probably because I have boys ;) But it really is SO fun and I love the colors in it!!



Baseball season is over for my boys so I wanted to get their pictures scrapped! This stack and this template was perfect for this purpose.

{click on photo to enlarge photo} 


Aren't these colors so great?! I love them :)


I kept pretty true to the sketch...I found my page getting a little busy so I cut back on some of the star embellishents. I love how it turned out. If you don't know how to make the cut out stars....


Punch a small star with a punch. Then use a bigger star punch and punch around the cut out. These punches are from EK Success.

I have had some questions from you on how I keep up with my boys scrapbooks. I have found that everyone has their own method. Personally, I don't scrapbook EVERY little thing. I do one page a month for their books. Months like this, I duplicate their pages. They both played ball, they both have the same pictures pretty much. So they get the same page :) Pages are SO EASY to duplicate when you already have everything out and our stacks always come with 2 prints of every print so we make it even easier! 


So here are my boys pages next to each other. A little different but very simiar. Hope that helps a few of you!!!


I really do love how this month's pages turned out. I hope this inspires you to come and play with us this month!! Every month, I get more and more entries! I love it!!!

Remember, you have until August 29th to get me your finished pages! 

Check out Sketch Savvy for even more sketches! 
 
Have a fabulous weekend everyone! I will be back on Monday :)

28 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! Just checking ... is it August 27th? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, got it changed! The first date was correct...due by August 29th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very excited to bust out my new stacks and do this one!! Is there only one entry per person? Thanks Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute one, thanks Sus for the great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really excited to participate this month....oh, by the way, some of my scrapbooking stuff is already out. So, I guess I am ready, wink!

    Oh, I love your layout, Erin....so cute! I have the original All About Boys. Now, I want this one, too.

    Thanks so much for the inspiration as always!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'm definitely joining in the challenge this month. I'm so glad to be back home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sketch! Glad to know I can enter more than one. I have 2 boys that play soccer so I have a lot of the same pictures of them too!
    ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sketch and your layout! Hope I can get to play this time because it looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I am going to enter this one. I just got 181 pictures printed so I need to get busy!! Plus, my son is getting married on the 27th, so I will have TONS more to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the sketch and I love the colors. No boys here but I love that Boys stack none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your layout and those colors are great. Maybe I need that stack too, LOL! Working on this great sketch, thanks for the challenge!

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, Erin...I especially love that pencil thin strip around the edges......can't wait to start this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOooh! This will be the first time entering and this seemd like a lot of fun! And I love that I can enter more than once! TFS!!

    xoxo Charity

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sketch and your LO, Erin!
    Here is my version!
    http://sarahlsblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/sweet.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here is my take project! Great sketch! I think I'll be using this one again. :)

    http://disneydarling07.blogspot.com/2011/08/beauty-of-peacocks.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am on a roll! I did another LO using another stack. Here it is:
    http://sarahlsblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/whos-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the push I need to start doing layouts again! I desperately need some new DCWV, but still do love my older ones! They're the first paper stacks I grab!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great sketch and I love these layouts of your boys, they are great.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally cool boy pages, Erin!!! I love this stack with this sketch and I may have to pull out some photos and copy yours. I must have those star punches! I have been looking locally but have only found the really rounded star and thats not the same.

    Great job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great layout! I had been wanting to scrap these pics for a while! I will email you the pic, and here is my blog post:
    http://craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com/2011/08/dcwv-august-sketch-challenge.html
    Thanks for the chance to win!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't have a blog. Can I still enter the contest? I just finished my layout and would love to participate. I've never entered a challenge before.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Here's mine:
    http://kmassman-scrapbooks-cards.blogspot.com/2011/08/misc-san-diego-zoo-photos.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been "dying" to scrap these photos of my son, but I couldn't find paper that I liked...until I saw your lo using the All About Boys 2 stack. The papers were perfect. I had to go to several stores to find it, but it was SO worth it. Here's mine:

    http://denayslittlecorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/dcwv-august-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great sketch!! I really enjoyed working with it! Here is my take on my blog...thanks for the chance to win!!!
    http://scrapchat-n-coffeetalk.blogspot.com/2011/08/dcwv-august-stack-holic-template.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great sketch! I'll definitely be using it again! Here's my entry:
    http://kellystamps.blogspot.com/2011/08/dcwv-august-stack-holic-sketch.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short. ;)
    Could've sworn we had 'til 8/31.
    Anyway - just to thank you - and prove that I did actually finish a page (thanks to DCWV's awesome paper and this cool sketch), here's my page:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/47273565@N06/6098462328/

    Thanks for the challenge - I'll try to be on time next time!

    ReplyDelete