Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Office!

Hey everyone!! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!! I had fun plans...that came to a halt when i had my first experience with food poisoning! Yuck. Hope it was my last experience too!! But I am doing much better and am so ready for a productive week :)

Today's post will be fun. But I have to give you a few warnings :) I have had email request from YOU along with a few of my co-workers :) to show some pictures of my home office. As you know, I am SO lucky to work from home and go in the office when I am needed. (I live 1 hour away from the DCWV office so I still make it in once every 2 weeks at least). I joke and tell them that I get WAY more accomplished at home than I would in the office....I laugh but it's probably very true :) When my boys are both in school, I plan on spending a lot more time there!! 

So I have to warn you. My office is nothing too special. It has no place in a scrapbooking magazine or any blog other than this one...but I doubt the majority of you have rooms like that of your own! So maybe a few of my ideas will inspire you to get your stacks in a row ;)

My office is right off of my kitchen...in our house plans it was named a Breakfast Nook but I of course saw it as a scrapbook nook :) This is what you see from my kitchen.


I try to keep it somewhat picked up because you can see it from my kitchen, but sometimes I have to admit it looks like Halloween exploded in my office....like it did last week :)


Tubbies full of stuff...but I seem to know exactly where everything is :)



12x12 Paper Holders from American Crafts. Love these for all of my open stock cardstock.


Magazine holders from DCWV INK. Love the labels. Keeps everything in it's place and out of the dust! My biggest issue in my house :)




3rd shelf holds our newest products that I haven't shown yet. After I show them to you, they get labeled and put on my shelf!


My desk...love how I can stand up and have everything within my reach.


I love my label maker :)


Stacks all labeled on their spines. Whoever told me this trick, I love forever :)


Bins on the sides of my desk with matstacks and 8x8's

And the best part of my office for this workin' mama? The view from my chair.....


I don't miss a thing with my little boys! I love being in the kitchen and in the middle of all of the action. It makes it so easy to work while the macaroni and cheese is boiling on the stove, or while my little guy is working on his homework. I never miss a thing as I work. And that is so important to me!! 

So there you have it! I told you it was nothing special! But to me, it is just what I need! 

Love my job. 
Love this DCWV.
Love this crafting industry!!

Back on Thursday with July's Stack-a-holic Template Challenge!!!

28 comments:

  1. Wow, you have an amazing space to create in. Especially like the use of the buckets. I have one bucket (a Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow who I'm a big fan of) with my fav punches in it.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you shared your space with us! So cool! Red is one of my favorite colors! I also label my stacks like you do, but some of them are getting pretty thin and getting hard to read! LOL You seem very organized and I always enjoy seeing all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fortunate to have a job you love that enables you to be with your kids. Your office is so neat and tidy. My stacks of DCWV are over taking my office. Labelling the spine is a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh brilliant idea to label the spines! I now love YOU forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great space Erin! I am going to label all my stacks when I get home tonight, that is the best idea I've every seen!

    Leslie

    P.S. You have a lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work space! I love the labeling on the spines! Such a great tip. Thanks for sharing your space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! All those stacks makes me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get the racks/bins for the ribbons and what do you have the punches hanging from - that is such a great idea. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite was the 3rd shelf teaser... NEW stuff?! ;) I love my label maker too - the weekend I bought it I used 2 cartridges labeling all of my stacks on the spines, all of my cuttlebug embossing folders and made dividers for my cricut cart booklets/overlays. I can't wait to have "room" breakfast nook would do nicely. Currently my space is -3' x 5' next to my bed and getting stacked higher each month it seems ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your space is awesome. Atleast you have a space. Most people have to scrap on the dining room table. Mine is off the kitchen also. It used to be the car port. It is a big space but sometimes can be overwhelming.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it and love how it works for you, very cool! Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see the new stuff!! So exciting hehe. Love your space too. Sophisticated, chic, love it a lot. I recently moved into my own place with my sister and boy friend, and we had a spare room, so in the room, I have my own space, it's so much better than when I was trying to scrap in my old bedroom on my desk hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great space! My studio is right off the kitchen too and I love that I can cook and scrap at the same time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful office, looks so organized and functional! I love my label maker too, couldn't live without it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color on the walls, so pretty. You have a great office and very pretty home. I love the idea of writing the names of the stacks on the spine. Might be doing that this week. Glad you are feeling better and can't wait to see the new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fun crafting space...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice, and you've got great storage

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well...::sigh::...I'm happy for you...just jealous as all get out though...right now I am crammend into a corner of a bedroom...but I'm happy to see you have a beautiful home...one day...one day....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how colour co-ordinated it is I will plan next year to at least paint all my shelving the same colour at the moment it is a mixture of lilac and wood. BUT although it is taking me a long time I know once it is finished I will be able to access it all and not have to climb over boxes and will still be able to put up guests for the night if necessary. I did have it all in one 8 x 6 room but now have a bigger space and a whole cupboard in which to keep papers out of the sunlight. No more faded edges, though it is amazing what can be covered up with a stamp pad...

    ReplyDelete
  20. What is the label maker that you use. I think I need one. or maybe I could print from my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dude...totally jealous. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, love your space, it looks great! I love having everything is reach too, if I don't see it, I don't use it, LOL! Labeling the spines is a great idea, will get to that! TFS

    circlebenterprises.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. My scrap space area is also off the dining area so I have to keep it all under control. I am happy to see that you work on minimal space and it we can make it happen as well. Your office is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great space! Thanks for sharing it with us. You have a LOT of stackes....but I do love the way you label them! Great idea! And food poisoning suckes...glad you are OK!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have a great office, and I'm so stealing the thing where you write the name of the stack on the spine. - It's really nice to see an office that looks like it is tidy and not everything is hid too far from reach. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. such an inspirational home office you have - practical and beautiful! I especially love the way you have the punchers and ribbons hanging on the wall. I can't wait for the July challenge, I'm on holiday so I should finally have enough time to take part into it too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Erin, thank you for sharing your great office! I love the way you organized everything! Oh, and writing the name of each stack on the spine is such a terrific idea, too!

    ReplyDelete