Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Father's Day Jar

Hey friends! 

I swear I say this all the time...but seriously? It's the middle of JUNE?! Why does time go so fast?!
I am in the middle of making Father's Day gifts for this Sunday! I can't believe Father's Day is already here...but we LOVE Father's Day :) BBQ's, being outside and showing Daddy how much we love him!

This year, we are keeping things simple! I saw a project similar to this on a blog but I did my own thing with it :) I knew that I wanted to use the Guy Stack which is still a staple for anything "Dad" in my craft room!


I bought a simple jar at Walmart for less than $5 and simply handcut pieces of paper and pieced them together. First the tie, then the two collar pieces and finally the collar strap that goes around the jar. Then I added a little patterned paper on the top.


The patterned paper that I used for the tie "screamed" Grandpa's tie to me :)


This was so easy! You could fill the jar with anything that you want!

Thank's for stopping by today! I will be back tomorrow with another "Wall Art Wednesday" 
See you then :)


14 comments:

  1. That is very cute, you can even have a matching card.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea 4 the kids to make for their dad! Thanks for the ideas you always give us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, great idea. I love that Stack, use it all the time for guy cards.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so wonderful, that tie just looks like it was meant to be there all along. Thanks for sharing this idea :)


    -rwk
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute - what Dad or Godfather doesn't love candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing!
    I made something using blue moon beads and DCWV paper. Blue moon beads is awesome, they were the only ones that had everything I was looking for. I hope their great selection only gets better with DCWV on their team. Come check it out!
    http://madebykarla10.blogspot.com/2011/06/quick-little-gifts.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute jar! I love the paper stack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable!!!! Love this idea....might have to make one...thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea! I bought the Guy Stack last month, and I think it's time to get it out on the table...
    http://altered-artworks.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! I made a similar thing for my husband on Valentine's day & one on Easter full of Jelly beans. He loves his jars, LOL! TFS

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute, Erin! Hmmm-maybe I will add something similar hubby's gift. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete