Thursday, June 16, 2011

4th of July Wreath

Hey everyone!

It's a rainy, dreary day here in Utah. I don't mind a rainy, summer day once in a while. The kind of day where you wake up, shower and put on clean jammies knowing you won't be leaving the house that day. Not that I did that this morning or anything... ;)

I have been busy working all morning on something for my front door that would scream SUMMER and 4th of July! I love how my project ended up, even though it was not my vision starting! I love it when that happens...when creativity completely takes over!

I used my favorite patriotic stack....The Nantucket Stack which is at Michael's stores right now!


And I surprised myself and used my new Sure Cuts A Lot program. Love how easy it is to cut ANY SVG file from my computer! Including fonts :) And I surprised myself and didn't even have to watch any of their how to videos, figured it all out by myself. Super easy!


Here is my wreath! The stars are 3D and really pop off of the wreath! I wrapped a foam wreath form with May Arts ribbon and added several paper stars. I sanded and inked the stars a little bit too.


The SVG files for the stars came from the kit Made in the USA

I love how the wreath turned out! I am loving my paper creations on my front door. It's the first thing people see when they come over and it's always a great conversation piece into my true passion for paper crafts and scrapbooking! I feel so lucky to do what I love every single day :)

Well now that I did some fun stuff today, it's time to be a grown up and clean up my office. I need a new organization system for sure. We'll see how far I get today :) 

Have a great day, my friends!!


28 comments:

  1. I love your wreath too! So creative! And I need to find out more about this Cricut thing! Looks like a great thing that I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin- would you email me how to get a hold of the Sure Cuts a lot and how you like it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very patriotic looking. You ought to enter in the Decorate to Celebrate Challenge #2 - 4th of July/Independence Day Themed Party.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Erin,
    I got that stack and I love it. LOve all the DCWV stacksI just entered a challenge with something I made from it
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so funny--when I scrolled down and saw the Nantucket paper pad, I literally said,"Oh, baby!". It's that gorgeous! LOVE IT! I can imagine using it for so many crafts... You also have some playground paper that is too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making wreaths for all the holidays, this one is so unique and beautiful! It's very cool!

    And I don't think the Sure Cuts a Lot program will be working with the Cricut for much longer because of the lawsuit that's about to go through... just a heads up!

    -rwk
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I love the paper and have a cut file for these stars. Not from SVGCuts but I love their stuff and the 4th of July is no different. Love it! Now I'm thinking I need to pick up this stack to make some festive stars to hang around the house.

    Erin, you are such an enabler!

    TFS, Becki
    happycardfactory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very patriotic and very Texas-y too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Nantucket! Great wreath too! You always make such great things to decorate your house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must be a lucky one! I looked up Sure Cuts a lot just yesterday and they no longer support cricut! I mean I love cricut cartridges, but I was looking for a way to be a little creative on my own!! do you like it?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your wreath, and the paper stack!!
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your wreath! Such great designs in this stack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Erin, I looove that stack!! Unfortunately, I don't have a Michael's around to buy it! Love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the wreath and the paper stack!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how your front door turned out. It's really shouting patriotic now, great job! You need to come to the South of the state (St George) gorgeous here, enough sunshine to share, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Nice and bright. SCAL is a wonderful program and great svg files. TFS

    Jess B.
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your wreath is beautiful, love how the stars are 3D!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that PP!! Headed to Michaels to grab it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the combination of the sizes and prints of the stars.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi!
    The wreath is cute! :)

    I am your Follower.
    I really like your blog! Great posts!
    Keep up the good work!
    Do visit my blog too and follow it if you like it!
    Have a Nice day, God Bless!

    Alia
    http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. The wreath came out beautiful. Love the ribbon. At first it looks like jean fabric. Love it. The paper stack is a must have.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is beautiful and made from paper. I need to make a wreath, looks like fun. TFS

    circlebenterprises.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovin this stack!! seriously!

    ReplyDelete