Friday, May 27, 2011

Scrap Art!

Hey everyone! Happy Friday!!! 

Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend! I can't believe we have another one here already! I want to again thank all of you for your sweet comments to me after learning about the passing of my best friend, Amberly. You have no idea how much it means to me!

Time is such a crazy thing! I feel like I was just posting about having a new Kindergartener! And now, tomorrow is the last day of school! I have to admit, I have mixed emotions. I hate that my baby is growing up. But I am SO happy to have a break from school and strict routine! I think I have a new appreciate for SUMMER now that I have a child in school :) 

Recently we had Art's Night at the Elementary school. Each of the children either make a piece of art or preform a visual art piece. Of course, my little guy wanted to use scrapbook paper and punches, lol. What a kid. He loves his punches!! 

This is what he created...


I love it! He drew the picture of the frog and then punched out pieces of scrap paper and filled the image in. When he was finished, I went over his pencil lines with a permanent marker. He added the googly eyes and signed his name! I was so impressed with how it turned out!


This could be done with any kind of image! It is for sure going on his wall in his room. I love finding great ways to use scraps up and this is for sure one of them :)

Thanks for stopping by! And also, THANK YOU for all of your sweet comments from Monday's post. I read each one and was touched that you took the time to write me. Thank you!!! 

Back on Monday!

18 comments:

  1. Remember when I taught him how to stand on the punches so that he could work them all by himself? So glad to know he's still loving them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome piece of artwork. Definitely frame and put up in his room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute idea. Love how he thought of punching circles and filling in the frog. TOO CUTE. I am sure it will look great in his room and he will be proud of it when he sees it.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! And great idea! Your little man is learnin from his momma.
    Thanks
    Jess M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute frog! I love the way it turned out! He is creative.... wonder where that may come from... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so adorable! He's so imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!! Love how creative he is! what a chip off the ol' block!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so amazed, this is gorgeous!!! What a creative, natural artist you have :)

    -rwk
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one adorable piece of artwork. Very creative. My hubby is a photographer and custom framer, so we have the kids art work from when they were young all framed and on the walls going up the stairs to the 2nd floor. We just love having these masterpieces to remember the younger years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so cute he did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How creative of him, such an adorable picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He did a great job!! I think our best artwork are the ones our kids make. Love framing them, each one is so unique.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it!! pretty creative he is... TFS an awesome idea. I watch my grandkids when school is out - this gives me a great idea for a rainy or HOT day!! Thanks!!!
    parkernana5@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! He's got talent. Must be in the genes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erin, I am so impressed with Troy's frog. You will be so happy later that you framed it. It will be so much fun to look back on when he is much older. Just think, he may be a really well known artist some day, and we were lucky enough to have gotten to enjoy some of his earliest projects. You know what they say - The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
    Hope you all have a wonderful long holiday weekend. Enjoy.
    Hugs,
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Erin,I know how proud you are of Troy! His work of art is so cute!! He has a fan club already! They say children learn by example, wink! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    Take care,

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute, he did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute, it is a great job and a project to cherish for years to come. TFS

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete