Monday, May 2, 2011

Letterpress Stack-Mother's Day Flower Frame

Happy Monday! The sun is shinning here in Utah...and the weather man says it will all week! What a relief! When I look out the window on the last day of April and see snow....not a happy girl :) But the weather sets my mood and I have a feeling there will be a lot of happy days this week!

Another thing to make me happy...Mother's Day is coming! I have the BEST mama in the world and love to have another day to show her that I love her. And my little boys always love making her a gift every year. This year is no different! I knew that she would love anything made with this stack....


The Letterpress Stack is sooo unique!! (Find it at your local Michael's Stores right now!) It is "debossed", think the opposite of embossed. All of the patterns are kind of sunken in for an awesome texture that is so different! Love :)

So I traced my little nugget's hands on a brown paper from the stack...cut it out and glued it down to one of the green leaf prints that I cut down to fit my frame (8x10 in my case). Then I punched a bunch of flowers out of some other prints...using a flower punch. You could use any punch, electric cutter or paper dies that you have. Any flower will work!


I glued the flowers on their hand prints, layering them as I went. Then I added a little half back pearl to each center to add a little somethin' extra :) Love how it turned out!


I had to have the boys sign their names in their best handwriting and I added their ages underneath. I think my mama will love it! Hopefully she won't see it on here before Wednesday when she gets it :)

I hope you have a wonderful day!! Going to do something fun on FRIDAY for National Scrapbook Day which is on Saturday so stay tuned!!



33 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. I had never seen that.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and it looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is an amazing idea and I bet it will be the best gift of the day!!
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, this is adorable. Your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Super cute!! I love this idea and the stack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift idea! Your mom will love it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautufil gift! Do you mind if I borrow this idea for my Mom? Gotta stop by Michael's and pick up this stack. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome! What a great idea and so beautiful!!

    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a great project, it looks so cute! And oh my goodness that stack is beyond amazing, I know I will be buying it ASAP!

    -rwk

    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great project. I think I may make one for myself for Mother's Day. (Eventhough my oldest is 15.) Your mom will love it. TFS
    bhoward at kci dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's like an indoor garden for grandma, she will love it!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful keepsake. She can always remember the kids' little-ness. And bonus, the flowers never die!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Erin, this is so beautiful! I love your work of art! The stack is so pretty, too!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How absolutely awesome! Just when I buy one stack (or 10--- don't judge me, lol) I see another one that I HAVE to have :) Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute gift and very thoughtful-Sure can't buy anything like this-PRICELESS. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to see this line released!!!!! I am going to Michaels !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this idea...I'm gonna copy you!! TFS!! xoxo Inieka

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it Erin! Might have to try this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea. Turned out really great. I love DCWV paper. I have no more room in the craftroom to put any........
    Blog:http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh, that's perfect!! I'm off to find a suitable frame for my trio!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a great idea! It turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so awesome, I love the unique idea. TFS!! Handmade gifts are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OKAY Erin! Have to scrap lift this off you! This is the perfect way to keep memories of our children growing! Love love love it! Did I say Love it already? TFS
    Jess B.
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such cuteness. Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a unique project, I love it! TFS

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. If she doesn't like it, you can send it to me! (tee hee!) How could she not like something so adorable...even if it wasn't made from handprints of her adorable grandson's! Great job, as always! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a terrific idea. I know I would cherish a gift like this.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a cute idea and I know your mom will love it. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just love your project!! It is the inspiration behind my project.. If you would like to check it out here is the link:
    http://amandascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/05/happy-mothers-day.html

    Amanda:0)

    ReplyDelete