Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Something New!!

Hey guys!!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week! It's been busy on my end, but I have been working on some fun stuff. And I am so excited to go into the office today for some product development focus groups! I love it when our company is up to something new ;) I {heart} DCWV!!

I am excited to do something new on the blog today!! I am a huge fan of templates...I love how you can take the same template and get all kinds of different layouts! Kind of how it is with a stack....you can get so many different looking layouts with ONE stack!!

Today, I am going to show you my layout that I made using a template and the new Tradewinds Stack.

You can find Tradewinds Stack in Jo-Anns Stores or online HERE!

And here is my fun template! My favorite place to get templates is for sure Sketch Savvy...they are bold, simple and always focus on photos and paper! And Susan, the blog host, is always using DCWV stacks on her pages so I like them even more :)

 
www.sketchysavvy.blogspot.com

And here is what I did with my sketch....

{click on page to enlarge}




There are a lot of things that I love about this page! 
1. Tradewinds....would you ever think to make a page about an old blue truck using this stack, lol :)
2. Love the key paper...perfect for my layout.
3. The hint of red paper....playing off one of the boy's jackets. Had to steal this red print from the Nantucket Stack tho :)
4. Love the journaling...you must read it to appreciate the layout.
5. Blue...it's so hard to find great blue prints! This stack definitely has them :) And I am a mama of boys so I love blue scrapbook paper!

So I want you to play along with me! I am going to host a little contest! Use the above template and any stack of your choice...make a page and share it!! Either on the Facebook page, on your blog (email me a link) or a picture emailed to me! erinmadsen@diecutsinc.com

I will pick a winner next week and will send the Tradewinds Stack to you!

I hope you take on my challenge! I can't wait to see your pages :) Have a fabulous day, everyone!

31 comments:

  1. such a wonderful layout. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! This reminds me of my childhood too! Right before our station wagon died, it used to make a HORRIBLE noise! lol. We called it "Blue Thunder." If I could find a photo, this layout would be great! Thanks for sharing your layout, template & the inspiration (and triggering nostalgic memories).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I can do this... the template looks easy enough for a challenged girl like me. I'm going to play...
    Your layout is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't get either of the sketch links to work. Says the blog isn't found.
    BUT I LOVE the layout!! So cute, not only how you did it but how it incorporates a lot of papers. I could definitely use up some scraps by doing this page! Hopefully I will have time after work today to try it out! :-)
    Thanks for all your inspiration, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't get the links to work either so I did a google search. Here is the correct link:

    http://www.sketchsavvy.blogspot.com/

    I love the layout. I think I just may have to try this sketch! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout!! I'm gonna have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is awesome, Erin! I always love your inspiration! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, love the paper pack and the way you used strips of paper and strips of text.

    :) Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  9. The layout is very cute, love all the elements you used. I am definitely going to give this sketch a whirl. Thanks for this challenge (also LOVE DCWV!!!)
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this sketch. Just posted my layout on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this sketch, I will post my LO soon on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that sketch! I'm so in ;)....if I can just decide which stack to use...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love love love your layout! May have to try this sketch too sometime. I won't hnave any scrappy time before your deadline. It looks like a great stack!! I may have to gimme some.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Papa always had name for his trucks...He only owned 1 full size truck....(with a big eagle on the hood)...but all my life..it was compact trucks..."The Green Grasshopper"..."Old Blue"..."The Little Red Engine". What memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys have the best stacks, I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looooove DCWV papers. My all time fav!
    your layout inspires me to get out those photos posing in front of their babies (car babies lol)
    thanks for that
    shar
    craftingpassionz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great layout, Erin! I wasn't all that crazy about this stack until I saw this. Now it's on my wish list.... pretty close to the top too!

    Annie
    anniebeescraftfroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great layout and love all the blues. TFS. Can't wait to see this stack looks like in the store. I am such a touchy, feely person that I need to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats a really great layaout! And I really like the stack!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your LO. Thank you for referring us to sketchsavvy.com Those templates helps out tremendously.

    Jess B.
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this sketch, it has my mine racing. Thanks for the challenge!

    Love your layout too! My husband has an old Ford Truck that doesn't work but he won't get rid of it. Says he will fix it one day! LOL, maybe when it is a Classic. Only a few more years to go! What is it about guys and old trucks?

    circlebenterprises.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should check out www.sketchsupport.com for a great sketch site. I primes you will love it! I love this stack too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this sketch and love this paper stack and love your LO! I'm going to try get a LO done today!

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome sketch, adorable story about Bluey...not to mention GREAT photos! now onto the sketch, i would love to attempt it..but alas we have a problem. I am a DCWV virgin meaning i own NO stacks. what's a scrapper to do? could i submit in with my own pattern papers ? is that okay?

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a fantastic layout! I completed my sample now I just have to take a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE your layout, and also took the challenge! You can see my version here:
    http://me-makimsplace.blogspot.com/2011/04/dcwv-challenge.html
    Thanks BUNCHES for the chance to win. Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim

    ReplyDelete
  27. Check out my Mother's Day layout and thanks for the chance to add this great stack to my growing collection.

    http://circlebenterprises.blogspot.com/2011/04/mothers-day-layout-in-advance.html

    ReplyDelete