Thursday, April 14, 2011

Paper Hydrangeas

What a crazy week this has turned into! It snuck up on me...I was thinking on Monday that I had everything under control... lol. And when you think you have it together...it falls apart ;) 

Even tho it's been a crazy week, it's been a super fun one too! Guess what I have been working on....CHA. Can you believe it? It's only April! lol. I can't believe July will be here so quick and all of this hard work will be paid off when I see YOUR smiling faces :) I am going to be teaching a really awesome class at CHA so if you are going to be in Chicago, look for my name and DCWV on the Workshop list and come play with me!!

I was looking through photos of CHA from January and I can't believe I forgot to share the following pictures and details! It was for sure a huge talk of our booth...after the dresses of course ;)


Can you believe these flowers are made out of paper? I wish you could see them in real life...because that is when you can really appreciate them!


And guess how we made them....so smart!

We bought silk flowers from the craft store....peeled off all of the silk flower petals. Then die cut the shape that we wanted, poked a small hole in the middle and carefully reattached the petal to the plastic stem. They are so unique and incredible!! Definitely a conversation piece in your home...and they will never die from not being watered ;)

Today our big warehouse sale starts!! Yayaya!! Guess what! I am pulling together a box of goodies from the sale and putting it aside for one of YOU! 

Tomorrow I will tell you how you can enter ;) See you back here then!

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and the best part is that they don't die!! Woo hoo!! Goodies for us!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, these flowers are absolutely beautiful!! As always, I love your blog posts. 'Sun fun to read and the eye candy is amazing! Thank you for always being so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers!!Love this idea!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous flowers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very crafty, I love how you used a die-cut

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to be in the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will have to look you up at the CHA.... wish it was JULY!!
    these are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers! I'm going to have to give that idea a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! I Hope I will be a winner! I so wish I was in UTAH right now! Love the flowers!! xoxo Inieka

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hydrangeas and I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the flowers are stunning! What a clever idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower! I have them in front of my house! To be able to make them, WOW! Love it! Sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers and such a clever way to make them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So after you took off the flowers you glued the paper on, then cut them and reattached the flowers to the stem? Is that how you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It would be awesome if you could buy from the warehouse and have it shipped to you...We miss out on so much not living by this awesome paper place...DCWV is my fav papers...I am addicted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I went to that warehouse sale, and I'll I can say is "wow!" Great deals and a lotta people! Crazy.
    The flowers are beautiful. I so wish I was going to Chicago for CHA... have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. And, the covering inside the vase looks like it is from STREET LACE.....do I get extra points for guessing if my guess is correct? hahahaha.

    Seriously, these are incredible. DCWV truly inspires me and I love everything you have EVER done.....from the early days with Nancy:)

    TFS and on to the next project:)

    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. The flowers are awesome. I have tried so many times to make flowers following the tutorials on you tube and just can't get it. Mine look really bad.
    I wish I lived closer so that I could go to the warehouse sale. Thanks for giving us followers and living too far from DCWV a chance to win some awesome prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love the hydrangeas! Wish they were in my house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the flower arrangement!!!! I wonder how you are going to top the dresses from the last CHA. And guess what, I will be there!!!!!! Yeah, I will finally get to meet you! Can't wait to scrap with you in JulY

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing. These flowers are beautiful. I am so amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally Stunning!!!! love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh fab!!!! Please could I have the box of goodies this time? I'm always buying DCWV stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are beautiful! Hmmmm.....thinking I might have a project to do this weekend! LOL

    Have fun at the warehouse sale - I'm so jealous!

    TFS!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my are these pretty. That must take a whole lot of patience to make something like that. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice flowers, love all the colors.THS! Have fun at your sale!

    circlebenterprises.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. those paper hydrangeas are beautiful!
    yes time has gone so fast I cant believe it april already
    thanks for sharing
    shar

    ReplyDelete