Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Place Cards & a WINNER!!

Monday is here again! It never fails to come I have discovered :)

The warehouse sale at DCWV over the weekend was a HUGE success!! We had so many people come out, we hope everyone who was close enough to make it out found some great deals! We usually have our sales in September and April so you always know when you will be able to hit the next sale: :)

I wish everyone was able to come! Lots of you have asked why we don't do an online sale...we simply are not set up to ship to individual customers since we ship in large quantities to stores. I will send the word on to my boss that you would love to see that in the future if at all possible :) We are always wanting to hear your ideas!!

For our winner of the box of goodies from the sale, Congratulations to:




Jessica said...



MI AMORE DCWV! I lve in Indiana. I am a follower and a FB follower. Advide user and my first love. Can't live without it.

Send me your address to erinmadsen@diecutsinc.com and I will get your box right out to you!!

Well can you believe that Easter is in a week?! I have liked having the hoiday a little later in the spring this year...means that I have access to pink bunny Peeps a little longer :) They are my favorite hoilday candy of the year!! Have you seen these Peep wreaths?? I must make one next year!

We always spend Easter with my family...a weekend full of egg hunts and family time. This year is no different! Mom always goes all out on a big formal Easter dinner. And I am always in charge of place cards! This year, I wasn't sure what my Mom's table decorations would be so I stuck with simple Spring colors....found in a new stack that you may not think of when you think of Spring...


The colors in the new Mademoiselle Stack are perfect for Spring!! And lots of glitter...love that :) Here is what I came up with....


I am in love with the print that I used for the base of the card....turquoise glittered flowers over polka dots? Seriously in love!!  Here are a few of my tips on what I do with my own place cards!
  
Tips for place cards:

-I always make mine 4 inches x 4 inches and then I fold them in half. This way, you can get 12 place cards out of one 12x12 sheet of paper.

-Keep placecards SIMPLE! When you are having to make lots of them, you don't want to be overwelmed...kinda takes the FUN out of it :)

-I always handwrite my names. I think it is more sentimental and lots of people in my family save their cards. I almost ALWAYS bring my white paper, marker and punch and do the names an hour or so before dinner. The guest list is usually still changing!! But I have the cards all made up except for the names ahead of time.

-I think all place cards need a little 3D element! I love the glitter fringe (love my Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors!) and the ribbon. The bow is stringy because the May Arts ribbon I wanted was too wide so I cut the ribbon in half length wise. Love the messy look :)


So I challenge you to make some place cards for your next big dinner! Everyone will be so impressed with the personal touch that it adds to the meal. I promise you will be glad you did it! 

Have a fabulous day!! Back on Wednesday :)

17 comments:

  1. Congrats, Jessica! Enjoy your goodies!

    Erin, the place cards are so cute! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work (play)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My congrats to Jessica, enjoy your prize!

    ariiaana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Jessica. Your place card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and enjoy those goodies Jessica!! Those place cards so so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! That is a really cute paper pack!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer, love your placecard! That Mademoiselle stack is one of my new favorites .. so many great new one this time. Went to Joann's on Friday night and the shelves were bare where the new ones HAD been, so I haven't seen those yet .. except for a few mat stack LOL .. But I'll keep watching for J to restock! Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Jessica! Enjoy your new goodies! I'm really jealous though! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your placecards. They are so cute. A recent trip to the States gave me a fantastic opportunity to load up on some new DCWV paper and some old favourites. I just love the paper...it is usually where my inspiration comes from. I love to let the paper 'tell the story' in my creations as my starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Jessica! Love the place card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful place card! I have no family close, so not fancy dinner for Easter but maybe I will do so for Christmas. Thanks for sharing the idea!

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Congrats to you Jessica. Enjoy your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the place cards! I might even do something like that for my wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you sooooo much! I am S-U-P-E-R D-U-P-E-R excited. DCWV ROCKS!

    Jess B.
    thatzuneek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great place cards and another great paper pack. They are so much better than buying separate pieces of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great placecards & congrats Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your place cards, and funny thing is, I am currently making a bunch for a 40th birthday party! perfect timing, eh?

    ReplyDelete