Monday, March 21, 2011

Tutorial: Poinsettia Flowers

Hello everyone! Another weekend has come and gone. I hope you enjoyed some time to relax and hopefully make some gorgeous paper crafted goodies! I hope you are enjoying all of the fun tutorials that we have had here on the blog lately! I have one more to share....this one is for the large poinsettia flower on the front of our gorgeous Black Current dress....



I think it would be so fun to make these with bright, spring paper and put them on your walls or front door! So different and would totally set the springy mood in your home :)


Download THIS template and follow the instructions below and you will have gorgeous paper poinsettias in no time!

The Black Currant Stack
Poinsettia

Supplies & Tools:
  • The Black Currant Stack
  • Poinsettia template
  • Foam brush
  • Black lace ribbon
  • Tulle
  • Beads
  • Rhinestones
  • Glue gun

Instructions:

1.     Trace and cut template shape from Black Currant Stack. Each poinsettia requires one circle base shape and 15 petal shapes.
2.     Wet a foam brush with water and wet the back of petal.
3.     Wait about 30 seconds for water to soak into petal. Pinch petal center vertically to create a vein.
4.     Pinch smaller horizontal creases to create additional veins.
5.     Curl and pinch edges of petal by rolling around pencil.
6.     Repeat to create additional petals.
7.     Adhere petals around circle base.
8.     Adhere lace, tulle, beads, and rhinestones to the centers of poinsettias.

Have a great weekend! Be back soon!! ;)

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the instructions!! These are soooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower and I am so in love with this paper collection.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower but I wish the template wasn't on ScribD. I don't have nor do I want to have an account with them. Couldn't you offer a simple pdf file for download?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cannot post PDF files on the blog, I have to post it on a 3rd party website. But I don't think you have to have ScribD account to download. Just go to the link and press download.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The instructions could be a second page in the same pdf file.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to just download but then I'm asked to log in. You can't download without a login account.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, TFS the instructions! Just downloaded with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty flower, Erin! I am going download this tutorial. I love flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that is so awesome i absolutely love that flower...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your flower tutorials, especially the rose one. Your link to the rose tutorial has shown up twice on my blog so far! This is the most recent time, I adapted your tutorial just a tad bit to work with flowers made from the Cricut, but I linked everyone to yours so they whttp://sandeeallen.blogspot.com/2011/03/fantabulous-cricut-challenge-me-monday.htmlould know where the idea came from!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the file and instruction.....can't wait to make these....tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing these beautiful flowers. Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are GORGEOUS!!!! I so need to make these :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much for the tutorial, can't wait to try out these beautiful flowers myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for this tutorial! GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete