Hello everyone! Another weekend has come and gone. I hope you enjoyed some time to relax and hopefully make some gorgeous paper crafted goodies! I hope you are enjoying all of the fun tutorials that we have had here on the blog lately! I have one more to share....this one is for the large poinsettia flower on the front of our gorgeous Black Current dress....
I think it would be so fun to make these with bright, spring paper and put them on your walls or front door! So different and would totally set the springy mood in your home :)
Download THIS template and follow the instructions below and you will have gorgeous paper poinsettias in no time!
The Black Currant Stack
Supplies & Tools:
- The Black Currant Stack
- Poinsettia template
- Foam brush
- Black lace ribbon
- Glue gun
1. Trace and cut template shape from Black Currant Stack. Each poinsettia requires one circle base shape and 15 petal shapes.
2. Wet a foam brush with water and wet the back of petal.
3. Wait about 30 seconds for water to soak into petal. Pinch petal center vertically to create a vein.
4. Pinch smaller horizontal creases to create additional veins.
5. Curl and pinch edges of petal by rolling around pencil.
6. Repeat to create additional petals.
7. Adhere petals around circle base.
8. Adhere lace, tulle, beads, and rhinestones to the centers of poinsettias.
Have a great weekend! Be back soon!! ;)