Monday, March 7, 2011

Bow Napkin Ring Tutorial

Monday, Monday!! 
It's here again! Did everyone have a fun weekend?? I spent it with my parents while my hubby was off on a guys trip. Now I need a girls trip to make up for it ;) 

Quick, quick...some of you are finding the 12 new Michael's stacks already out in your stores and some of you are having a harder time! Each store kinda releases things differently and I have heard that a lot of the stores are doing re-vamps in their Scrap sections. So they may be waiting until the remodeling is done before they put out the new stuff. Just please be patient!! I promise EVERY store will get the new stacks! I know it's hard to wait for new paper...but it will be worth the wait!! TONS of you have already found them and are LOVING them too. 
They always look so much better in person!! ;)

I have another awesome step by step tutorial for you from our Immortal Love display at CHA! We received a lot of requests wondering how we made these darling napkin rings. I am SO going to make a "springy" version of these for our Easter table this year! Below you will find the template to download along with the instructions. 




Immortal Love Stack by DCWV
Bow Napkin Ring

Supplies & Tools:
The Immortal Love Stack by DCWV
Bow Napkin Ring template
Glue gun or adhesive
Scissors

Instructions:
Enlarge templates as needed and cut out. Refer to completed project photo as a reference.

1.    Using the Bow Napkin Ring templates, trace and cut out from The Immortal Love Stack.
2.    Turn the Top Bow piece over and add a glue dot to the center of the back.  Bend the bow ends to meet at the center of the back and adhere.
3.    Repeat step 2 for Bottom Bow piece.
4.    Glue the Top Bow and Bottom Bow together.
5.    Wrap the Bow Knot piece around the center of the bow and secure with glue.
6.    Wrap the Napkin Ring piece around napkin and secure with glue.
7.    Add a glue dot to the top of the Napkin Ring and adhere the Tails.
8.    Add another glue dot to the top of the Napkin Ring and adhere bow.
9.    Repeat for each guest.

12 comments:

  1. WOW, thank you for the template and how too! Love all DCWV papers and wish I could get them all but settle for what I can get! I recently purchased the Immortal Love stack and can not wait to create with it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the DCWV paper stacks & have many! I'm looking forward to getting some of the new releases too. I love all your creations like those paper roses! Oh, I can't wait to make some of my own. I would love to see some of your samples made from stacks other than the Immortal Love though. Not everyone is into the whole Twilight scene or the red & black look. Keep up the fun ideas & thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I love this Creation!!! I love this stack!! The only thing is I cannot find it anywhere!!! I live in Hawaii on the Big Island and here we have no crafting stores, well ACE Hardware, Wal-mart, and Target!!. I got a few stacks there but there is very limited choices!! One day maybe in a year or so it will get here!! LOL
    love all the creations!!!
    Aloha,
    Sharmaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the template and instructions.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Erin! This is so lovely! I love it when you take a stack of beautiful paper and transform into something awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww another gorgeous project. I loooove this idea thankyou for the template and inspiration!
    take care
    smiles
    shar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing again. What a nice idea. I too love the DCWV stacks, one can never have enough.
    Cathy
    mexicopetshop@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, thanks for sharing!

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vielen Danke for the instrucions! Dinner party coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! So can't wait to try this!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! And I can't wait to get the colorful life stack... Ive been dying for it since the first time I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erin,

    That is so super cute!!! :) Thank you so much for sharing the template and the instructions!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete