Monday, November 29, 2010

Tis the Season Paper Chain

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving and has somewhat recovered from the holiday!!! I had a horrible time waking up this morning!!! Must still be in a turkey coma from the leftovers :) But I am so happy because now I can "officially" feel good about decorating and getting ready for Christmas!!! I can't wait to show you all of the fun things that I have been doing with our current holiday stacks!!! 

But first, we need to have a winner for our giveaway!! I have to say I LOVED reading all of your comments about your blessings!!! Looks like we are some super lucky ladies!! 
Congratulations to Michelle Aguilar!!

Top 3 Blessings in my Life of Michelle Aguilar

#1. for my Juan and Only husband, he is a hard worker and loves me no matter what!
#2. for my 3 children, meliesa, andrew and Jesus. I prayed for 3 and be careful 
what you pray for!
#3. for my grandson Cooper Ryan that is coming in feb. our 1st grandchild! yippee! 
  

Yay! You are the lucky lady this week!!! Email me at erinmadsen@diecutsinc.com to claim your Street Lace & Colorful Life Stacks! We will do this again on Friday when you see my 5th Sizzix Blog Hop project so stay tuned! I can't believe we only have 2 weeks left!!!  

So one of our family traditions is making a paper chain countdown for the anticipation to Christmas Day. Yesterday when we had some friends over for dinner, I broke out the Tis the Season Stack because I knew the kids would love making a craft! I used the 180 sheet value stack so the papers were a bit thinner.  I cut the pieces to 1.5 x 6 inches. You can use a stapler to create the chain or use mini glue dots.
 




I tied a chunky piece of ribbon at the top so I would have something to hang it by.


The boys get to switch off days, each taking a turn tearing off a piece of the paper chain. I have the best memories doing this when I was little. Of course, our chain was made out of thin construction paper and not this darling printed paper....LOVE the Santa and Reindeer prints :)


There is nothing like carrying on a tradition. Life is good!!!

Have a great Monday!! Be back SOON! :)

11 comments:

  1. wow, really cute as this brings back memories to me too! I love the stack! and your boys are cute too! :)
    Cant' wait ot make one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas chains. It's so fun to watch the kids get so excited to see one less day until Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the idea! I still have one more day to do this!! My kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most fabulous Christmas countdown idea! I should start this with my 3 year old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this kind of tradition before sounds like fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boys are adorable!! I did this as a child also, we plan on starting the tradition with our boys this year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh this brings back memories!! Didn't think anyone did this anymore. They have definitely gotten prettier then I remember (with all the gorgeous paper available these days). Looks like the boys enjoyed putting them together. They are both just adorable by the way. Can't wait until the twins are a little older and can get into paper crafting with me.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how cool - I remember making those as a kid (that was a LOOOOOONG time ago). I'd forgotten all about these, quick and easy, yet beautiful projects. I'll have to make one of these with my Granddaughter this year. Thanks for bringing back such great memories and inspiring me, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I did this when I was a little girl, my mom wasn't very crafty and we didn't have alot of extra money, so that was perfect. I have also done it with my kids (although most are grown and on their own), but we do have a little 3 year at home as well as a 3 year old little grandson too! It looks like the tradition will continue! Only now, I get to use cute, cute paper from my DCWV Christmas Stack!

    ReplyDelete