Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A little gratitude...

Thanksgiving is just a few short days away!! Today, I am making cute place cards with the Amber Autumn Stack & grocery shopping for my assigned Thanksgiving traditional dishes. I love all of the planning that goes into Thanksgiving Day!! It really is one of my favorite days of the year!

All month I have been trying to feel grateful every single day for everything that I have!
You all know, I am the first to tell EVERYONE that I work for the {best company in the world} who values their employees and especially their customers. In this day, this is a HUGE deal when lots of companies are only looking out for themselves. I wanted to share the following email that we received from a customer...I think it really says something about the company that I work for and call my family!!
________________________________________________________

 Dear DCWV team,

Last week my wife purchased a DCWV HOME removable Vinyl Lettering kit..."The Fondest Memories Are Made When Gathered around the Table" at the Sarasota (Fla) Kohl's store.
She couldn't wait for me to get it on the wall over the dinning room table prior to the 25+ relatives coming over for this up coming Thanksgiving holiday! While attaching it to the wall, it just looked totally wrong.  It wasn't my workmanship but the "letters" in the first part of the phrase.  EVERY letter was crooked, and or, tilted to the left or right...even some higher or lower than the (imaginary) line of level. I located your company web site and the telephone number.  When I called and explained the problem I was transferred to a lady by the name of "Christine". She was, to say the least, ........"Outstanding". She understood the problem and told me she'd ship a new one out to me, which should arrive a couple of days prior to the holiday. It arrived the NEXT day, as she over nighted it to me via FedEx. I was totally shocked when it arrived so quickly! I took down the old one that evening and replaced it with my new one within thirty minutes. It looks ..."Wonderful"............now!!! Thanks you for having such an understanding and reliable employee as Christine!! People like her are why you have "repeat" customers.......like my...... WIFE!! Again, thank YOU and YOUR employee(s).........for being fair and just...good people!

P.S. She even stuck a little Christmas tree wall decal for the NEXT holiday!
_________________________________________________________


When I read this email, I felt a huge sense of {gratitude} for the company that I am blessed to work for!!! My job is in my top 3 biggest blessings in my life! I hope when you choose to purchase our products, you always have in the back of your head that we are a company is grateful for YOU and will always make sure you are taken care of!

Enjoy your prep time getting ready for Thursday!! I can't wait for you to see my place cards for our family dinner...you will see them Thursday as my post for the Sizzix Blog Hop!!

See you tommororw!


14 comments:

  1. WOW - Customer Service always defines a company and keeps the customers coming back. Great job DCWV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At so many places, good customer service has gone by the wayside. Glad to hear that your company isn't one of them.
    And by the way, I was in Micheal's last night and saw a whole display of stacks that you showed us in a prior post. They are gorgeous in person, even more than in the video! Now I can't wait to see that Ulitmate stack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, this is all a true blessing! DCWV has been a household name for us.....we think you are all so awesome!

    Please know that from my family to yours, we am wishing you the best Thanksgiving ever! You are all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing! I am MUCH more loyal to companies with excellent customer service... I have worked retail/customer service for most of my worklife and I try to treat everyone how I expect to be treated. Wish more companies were the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great customer service means repeat customers and company loyality. I too work for a Canadian company that puts customers first! I love working closely with our customers and helping them find everything they need. As I am sure with you Erin you feel the need to go above an beyond for DCWV because not only are they great to their customers but they are great to their employies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love your company!! Oh yeah, and I have that vinyl rub on and I love it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drayia, you are absolutely RIGHT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. blogwalking here and visiting.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome email. Once again, it solidifies why I purchase from DCWV time and time again!
    Congrats on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS DOES NOT SURPRISE ME! DCWV is just awesome paper and of the best quality. I buy it all the time. Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for all my DCWV paper to make such wonderful items.
    Mstgane
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah this is such a great way to start a day!!! i teach cust serv and marketing and these are the stories that i love to share where companies go above and beyond what it takes to establish relationships with their customers.

    have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job Christine! DCWV cs is great...as are the products!
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This person will tell everyone what a great Company you are! I wish more companies would realize that superior Customer Service by far reaps them the most loyal customer base and strongest advertisement. Keep up the good work and have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!
    Patti
    www.asoulsheartbeat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Customer service is one of the most important aspects of a good company. It's what keeps customers coming back. To bad more companies don't realize this. Congrats for a job well done. DCWV is obviously a great company to work for.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete