Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sparked.

Oh I love days like today. Off to the office.
When you work at home, it's quite a treat to make it up to the office a couple times a month.
Sometimes more. Never less.

I {love} heading in to see my friends, see new stuff and get the scoop on everything thats going on.
Have I told you lately that I {love} my job and I {love} the 3 guys I work for.
And since it's on Friday: Happy Boss Day to M, J, & D!!!

Remember when I posted about our companies "creative escape" to Spark?

Well a lot of great things are coming as a result of that weekend. Things that I can't speak of at the moment. Don't you love it when I say stuff like that? :)

But one thing that "sparked" me that I can show you today was inspired from this photo:


I took the idea of the chalkboard cement exterior walls.....and painted a chalkboard wall in 
my front entry.


My plan is to change out the chalkboard for every season and decorate the little shelf accordingly.


Just another thing to keep my day to day life full of inspiration and creativity... 




So yes, this blog post has nothing to do with stacks or paper...but everything to do with living a creative life and loving every minute of it!!

26 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I think I may take that idea to my kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea wish I owned my own home. Did you know you can also make it a magnetic chalk board. Not sure how that is done but saw it on a program once. OOOHHH and I love your criptic messages and when you tease us about all the wonderful things your company is cooking up for us. I would LOVE to work for DCWV from home in Canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea! and your little ones can add their own decorations towards the bottom of the wall. Hey, you can still use paper to decorate that shelf! like those cute pumpkins you made out of paper the other day. I still have to try that! Thanks for all the spark you bring to us every day!
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool Erin!!! You never cease to amaze me! What an awesome edition to your already creative home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so creative & fun! I love it! TFS your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my...this is so cool. I know my DH would never let me paint the wall I am thinking or any wall like this one for that matter, but I would love to if I could. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very cool!! I have chalk board paint in my garage but it is to make chalk boards for my Daycare!! I like your idea better but might not be good for my daycare, haha!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so cool!!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Erin, that is so amazing! 'Can't wait for you to share more creative pics. with us....oh, and the other things you mentioned, wink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I so want to do this somewhere in my house now! My girls would love it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so awesome Erin! I love your art as well.
    Thanks for keeping us on the edge of our seats with your tease..."can't speak of".

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Very creative, Love it.
    Mstgane
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it I so want to do this in my daughter's play room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! What a great creative outlet! If I weren't rening right now, I would do this in my house! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a totally awsome idea! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is very cool. I hope you'll show pictures when you change it for the next holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is sooooo coool!!! I can't wait to see what you put up there next month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is awesome!! I'd have to skim coat the walls though :P I have that awful orange peel texture everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job, this would be great for a wall in a playroom as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cool is this!! Very awesome idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny that you did that, because I was just thinking of doing that to one of the walls in each child's room! So great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Erin! I love this wall, and I listed it with my Halloween favorites. Right Here Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete