Monday, September 13, 2010

Spark

Wow, what a weekend! 16 DCWV employees represented the company at a local creativity retreat called, Spark. We are {so lucky} to work for a company who find it important to keep their employee's creativity flowing and learning new things. And the time spent with co-workers brainstorming ideas and bonding was just as important in my book. I pinch myself everyday when I think about the company I work for, the friends I work with and what I get to do everyday! I am so lucky!!

So here are some photos of our weekend...playing with glue, being inspired by "stuff' around us & dreaming up new dreams...



The gorgeous decor...



I would not sit under that bike hanging from the ceiling, but it didn't fall on anyone so that is good :)


Totally unique centerpieces on the tables....


Making handmade wool felted scarves


Krysta (DCWV Home Product Development) and Angela (DCWV Marketing) getting creative!


Plenty of food at this place, I think I gained 5 pounds!


Getting creative with canvas art



The employee bonding was just was important to us as the creativity excersies!


Yamille, one of our fabulous store owners from Puerto Rico, came for the event as well. 


Practicing in our photography class...will never get sick of looking at our gorgeous mountains!



Silly paper mustaches with Denise (300dpi)


Our family photo. 16 of us all together "sparking" our creativity!! We represented DCWV with graphic designers & project designers, marketing experts, product development gurus...and more!


From my favorite class...a lampshade chandelier



How we found the seats at our table...


Getting our wiggles and giggles out in between classes :)


Creating gorgeous fabric flower broaches


The outside of the beautiful looked like this!!! Creativity around every corner...





I got a new camera the day before the retreat so I loved getting lots of practice taking "people shots"





Winding down after a fun weekend...left refreshed and ready for new, big projects!


Saying your goals out down and writing them down...the one way to MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!


I am so excited to get started {TODAY} of things that were inspired at Spark!

Here's to Monday, make it {fabulous}!

19 comments:

  1. What a dream job! I would so love to do what you do...and I am sure you hear that a lot! How did you get into what you do? Right now I am working on starting up my own scrapbooking business...just selling products from my home. My favorite brand is DCWV. I love all of your products, pretty sure I am a little bit too obsessed. But oh well!! It's fun! Is there somehow I could order directly from DCWV to sell your products?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have to say that is a dream job!!!
    We appreciate a company that treat their employees well. Makes all of you more creative to share with us.
    Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Not only the creativity, but the team building and bonding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks like an amazing time. TFS...as a consumer, this gives me yet another reason to continue purchasing DCWV products; a company that keeps their employees renewed, refreshed & recharged by hosting wonderful events such as this. If they take good care of their employees, they'll take good care of their customers.
    Continued success....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to hear you had a great time!
    Looks like a ton of fun was had by one and all!!
    I loved the lampshade chandelier!!!
    (and of course mustaches are always fun!)

    Have a GREAT week!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this looks like the coolest weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok I have to say it look amazingly fun! I am so jealous! I would love to go play with you guys. LOVE the decor and that typewriter needs to come live with me. LOL I am really hoping the decor style and colors end up in a new stack because your creativity definitely inspired me. Oh and Erin, I wouldn't sit under that bike either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, these photos from SPARK are amazing!! 'So glad that you had so much fun!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have to say that my favorite costume for my granddaughter was the Cinderella costume that my daughter and I made for her. It was just too cute and she looked so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I became a follower of your blog for a second chance to win. Thank you for the chances.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And now for my third chance to win, I subscribed to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love fall too!!! Would be thrilled to win the papers for more Fall crafting fun. thanks for all the wonderful ideas on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just became a follower of your blog! Looking forward to all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just sent a Tweet about your blog from @Kellee313

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm now following your blog! Love your creativeness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry it took me this long to subscribe to your blog DCWVdiary! But I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite costume as a child was Wonder Woman. She was my shero and I loved the TV show. When I put on that cape & crown I "knew" I could fight the bad guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am frequently a hunting "widow" myself and enjoy my free time. I sure hope you are coming out with self-adhesive cardstock. It is so very hard to find. Even when you do, I will probably have to order online. Can't find many of your papers in our local stores--i.e. JoAnne's, Michaels or A.C.Moore. It's tuff living in country and stores are smaller so they only carry limited quantities of things.

    ReplyDelete