Friday, September 24, 2010

Can't get enough of Midnight Spell!

You know when you are having one of those mornings when the distractions around you just seem to get the best of you? Well this morning it was only {one distraction}. And his name was Colt.  Luckily, this morning was a quick fix...in the form of a Tim Holtz Key embellishment.

"It's my key to the world"
"When Troy gets home from school, I am telling him its mine and he will never touch it."
"I'm going to get Tyler (next door BFF) and we will see what doors it will open."


Ahhh, peace and quiet. Was able to finish my project, photograph it and blog all in peace while listening to my soothing Mindy Gledhill album. 

I {love} how this necklace turned out!! I filled a Amate pendent with our Midnight Spell paper and covered it with some resin. I did it similar to how I did this one.


These necklaces are really popular here. You can get one necklace with a lobster claw clasp on it and keep switching out your charms to get different necklaces. I attached the pendent to a key chain ring and then tied some May Arts ribbon to add a little something extra. The green ribbon was a wide ribbon that I cut in half, love the frayed edge that it gives! I can't wait to wear it to the boy's school Halloween parties! 


There will be another exciting giveaway next week starting Monday which will give you {one last chance} to win our new Midnight Spell & Amber Autumn Stacks. I will be playing with lots of paper and my Expression this weekend getting ready! 

Have a great weekend!!! See you on Monday!


24 comments:

  1. What a cute little guy! Isn't it amazing what fascinates them and their imaginations?! Love this pendandt and this stack. I think I'm going to see if I can find a second stack to "collect"! I can't wait for next week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, the necklace is adorable for sure! I hope you have a great weekend being crafty. 'So fun!

    Happy Scrapping,

    Renee J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I remember when my 39 y/o Son was the age of your little one.
    My son carried keys around every day on a key ring just like Daddy's.
    Beautiful necklace by the way!!!

    Really I don't know how my Son got to be that age it seems no time ago he was your little boys age and had the same color hair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving that necklace, way too cute!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bless it is always the little things that please young children and Colt looks so happy with his key.
    Love the necklace very personal yet fun and bright.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have loved the adorable posts of with the photos of the boys this week, but this has to be the cutest! I am so glad you wrote down his words too. I missed out on so much of that when the boys were little and I was clueless. Great necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know what it is about boys and keys but I have yet to met one that doesnt like to play with keys. He is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool project and super cute photos :)
    TracyM #6773

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's such a cutie!! Can't wait to see what you've got for us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great project love the necklaces

    ReplyDelete
  11. How super-duper cute. Loving this!

    Traci~
    (NurseTraciScrapper@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your website and it is absolutely awesome. This is my kind of paper crafting. Love all your designs. DCWV is my favorite paper. I have more of it than any other paper, including plain cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea. It would make great stocking stuffers as my daughters are always addubg bling to their purses. Thanks for sharing and a chance to win. I love your paper packs.

    Nanabugaboo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a really cute necklace idea!! What great gifts they would make too. And that little guy...how adorable! Can't wait to see all the projects this week with the DCWV papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love DCWV paper and embellishments and favor them over any other brand. Looking forward to this year's Christmas paper.
    Mstgane
    ANN

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love your paper stacks - they coordinate so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love DCWV paper, use it all the time.


    Connie G.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE DCWV paper and the necklace is such a cute one! Those are popular around here as well. Looking forward to your post today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! I just stopped by to get a peek at your blog and am seriously blown away/inspired/want to walk in you shoes!!! Lovely blog, and lovely kiddos. God Bless-R.B. aka Latinacreativa

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute boy, cute necklace. Isn't it amazing the small things that will entertain a child? Their imagination is so free flowing at that age.
    Shari
    syoung6987@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. JUST STOPPED BY FOR A LOOK AT YOUR SITE IS FANTASTIC I HAVE JUST SUBSCRIBED TO EMAIL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to go. I kept trying and I was finally able to subscribe.

    CyndiU gamasget-a-way.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great necklace. I love Halloween. The charm is super cute. What a cute distraction.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the layout of your little one. He looks just like you on the pic in the bottom left.

    How clever to make a necklace out of paper and resin. You're so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete