Friday, August 20, 2010

Double Sided Love

{TGIF} 

Whoever invented that phrase, I love you. Saying it, on a long awaited Friday, always makes me smile. This weekend is filled with a co-workers fabulous wedding tonight & a DCWV party at the local amusement park on Saturday. A weekend with my co-workers who are not only my friends but my family. Nothing better than that!

I have shown a few projects that I have made with the Summer Dream Stack that is available right now at Joanns. This stack is a limited edition and will not be out much longer so if you have been eyeing it, now is the time to grab it! I am lovin' this stack because of the incredible designs that have tons of glitter! I say it all the time but it's such a treat when we do a double sided stack as well!! Some of the prints in this stack are just gorgeous-I particularly love the aqua and purple prints. 


I hear from my {stack-a-holics} all of the time that they sometimes hate using a stack because they don't want to tear it apart and they just want to flip through it all the time and just "look". This always make me giggle because the paper hoarder in me completely "gets it"! So this project is for all of YOU! 



I trimmed down 12x12 papers to 6x6, rolled them in a cone shape and hot glued them. I folded piece of 12x12 paper in half and tied it shut on the sides with ribbon to make a mock-basket. I hot glued the cones into the basket to make an arrangement similar to a floral arrangement...but instead of beautiful flowers, its gorgeous paper that you can enjoy all the time!

Added some "welcome" stickers and a door hanger made of ribbon and I have a front door hanger! It's late August, I am not ready to get my fall decor out. But this deep purple and aqua paper give me the "almost" fall feel that I was looking for.



Easy, easy! And you can enjoy your paper as part of your home decor everyday, year after year. So my challenge to my stack-a-holics, get those stacks out and use them in a way that you can enjoy all the time!

Have a great weekend!! Can't wait to see you back here on Monday :)

6 comments:

  1. I love this stack! Our Joann's had it on Clearance!! I got the reg one and the cardstock and the mat stack!!
    I LOVE the stacks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness...this is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I couldn't do that to my stacks that I love.
    BUT.....If someone was having a crop and had some paper that they didn't love, love,to share, then this would be a good way to share it, minus the glue of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous stack and a great way to use it.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for "reminding" us about this stack! This project idea caught my attention and had me looking at our JoAnn's for it over the weekend. Yes, it was on Clearance - so I got the ginormous value stack, the 12x12 double sided stack, an 8x8 scrapbook in a stack AND drumroll please... the 12x12 scrapbook KIT :)

    I am a cardmaker & have never done a page for a scrapbook... but this is so pretty I just might have to use it!

    ReplyDelete