Thursday, July 1, 2010

Festive Freedom Shirts!

I love the 4th of July celebration in our little county! Rodeo, parade, festival in the park. Then we are driving an hour to see Carrie Underwood preform at "Stadium of Fire" at BYU Stadium in Provo!  My boys are so excited to see Carrie "Underwear" cause they know all of her songs :)

I love having the boys wear 4th of July shirts for the day and I usually buy some at Gap or Old Navy. But this year, I wanted to try and make my own! I bought shirts for $3.50 at Walmart and designed something in Photoshop Elements with our 4th of July Brush Kit.



{Troy just got poked in the eye so he is trying to look happy!}


I made the design in Photoshop and then flipped the design horizontally so it looked backwards. Then I printed it on iron on paper and ironed on the shirts! Easy, easy!


No one will have these sitting out at the parade! And they are cuter than ones you would 
buy at the store! 

Have a FABULOUS and SAFE holiday weekend!!! 
Eat some homemade ice cream and watermelon for me!

5 comments:

  1. Love the shirts very original. Enjoy the concert and have a safe and wonderful July 4th. I will be celebrating today up North Canada's Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really great! People would totally buy these in a store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Shirts! Have fun at the Stadium of Fire this year!! the First Act before Carrie is Eric Dodge and he is a great singer and a good friend of mine! Wishing I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shirts are wonderful! They are almost as cute as the boys wearing them!
    What a fun 4th you and your family will have! Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shirts are fabulous! Great job! They sure will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete