Monday, May 10, 2010

What it is all about!!

What Mother's Day is all about.......


 Breakfast in bed. Toast buttered by a 5 year old literally ON my bed with the company of his favorite stuffed animal.


two homemade gifts made with love at church...too bad Colt ate my flower pot cupcake before he gave it to me. "It has my picture on it so it's mine, Mom." Makes sense.


a gorgeous hot pad made at Troy's preschool. "Mom you are wearing a blue dress and you are happy cause we are holding hands". Yes, son. You never want to hold my hand anymore so of course this would make me happy.


the only Mother's Day picture that was captured and it's blurry and Troy has bandaids on from a busted chin. 

my kind of perfect

A perfect day. 

I hope my boys always remember that homemade gifts are the best gifts in the world. And I hope I always remember that as well.  Grateful that my true passion in life is something that can bring joy to everyone around me. Making things with my hands sounds like a simple thing. But they really are the best "things". I hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day!


5 comments:

  1. Oh Girl! Treasure these times. My girls are 27 and 30. I have a 6 y.o. grandson who didn't want to have anything to do with his Nana on Mother's Day. He simply wanted to spend the time we had together loving on his MOM. Much as I wanted him to love on me, it did my heart good to hear him tell her, "You're the bestest Mom in the whole world." :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is precious and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day to me. Your boys are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sweet gift, I got to sleep in a little bit (If you count 8:30 as sleeping in) but no breakfast. I love handmade gifts and my 3 yr old made decorated mugs (kits at michaels) for her Nana's and wrote their names. They were a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious, I remember the days of breakfast on the bed. What a wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete