Thursday, May 27, 2010

School's. Out. For. Summer.

I can't believe that the kids are all out of school today! My oldest will be starting Kindergarden next year but school being out deeply effects me. Why? I now have an endless supply of babysitters. YES! Troy is so happy that all of his friends can play all day now, he hated waiting for everyone to get home from school. One downside of being an August birthday when I held him back. But I am glad I made that decision!

I wanted to make something with Troy that he could give his best friends when they got home today. I made these candy airplanes growing up so this took me back to the day :) Gum airplane wings, Lifesaver wheels....oh to be a kid again.

All you need:


But of course I had doll them up a bit :) I wrapped the gum wings with "Safari Kids" paper and added a little embellishment. I also added a little message to the side of the Smarties.




They were a big hit with this 5 year old :) Love this boy.


I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend and takes the time to remember loved ones that have passed on before us. See you here next week!

2 comments:

  1. That is such an adorable project and gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! I have never seen them before! So cute! Enjoy your summer Erin!

    ReplyDelete