Monday, May 17, 2010

a little "thank you" is in order...

It is no fun to wake up on a Monday morning to this...


But the day instantly perks up when this shows up on the porch from the Sizzix fairy...


So I guess today IS going to be a good day!!!

I stayed up late last night making a teacher "thank you" from Troy's preschool teacher. Yes, it's May which means the end of the school year and teach gifts!  I can't believe Troy is finishing his 3rd year of preschool this week and will be a big Kindergardener in August!! So excited for him!

Well, Miss Jen LOVES treats (just like me) so I knew I could give her anything with chocolate and she would feel appreciated :) So I wrapped up a few rolls of Rolos with paper from the Mango Frost, Metallic & Pastel Stacks. Used Scor-tape to wrap the paper up and to also add the Hershey Kiss on the bottom. Love that stuff. 





Tied them up with some May Arts ribbon and added a quick rub on "thank you" line. School pencils that are "almost" too cute to eat!! They were super easy and I think Miss Jen will love them. I wouldn't be able to eat them, I would just put them on my shelf and admire them forever!

Have a fabulous Monday! There will be a giveaway this week so stay tuned!! Be back on Wednesday :)

21 comments:

  1. I wish the sizzix fairy would come to my house, what a wonderful treat, did she place them under your pillow or next to your desk.
    Love the pencils very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so so so cute! I will have to remember this, since I already have teacher's gifts covered for this year. Next year, however, I am all over these!

    And by the way, next time you talk to the Sizzix Fairy, please send her to my house! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just too darn cute. I wouldn't be able to eat them either. they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are just the cutest ever! What a cute idea! Speaking of treats, I think I gained a few pounds from those macaroons! Those were the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these 'pencil' treats! What a wonderful and creative idea! I'd have them on a shelf, untouched forever, too! I hope to remember this when the day comes, and I need a treat for a teacher!
    Enjoy your new toys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute indeed! I think i will make some this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pencils are way too cute!!! OMG! What a great idea for the end of the school year party!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh and I should probably add that I put a piece of chipboard under the pencils to give them a resting place when I tied them together. Stayed together much easier that way. Glad you like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my adorable! Erin, you are just so crazy talented... Thanks for always giving us such creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, these are beyond cute --- i'll be scraplifting them from you, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute. Too bad I'm my kids teacher. I'd love to make these for a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZERS!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO BUY THE NEW EMBOSSING FOLDERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh I am totally craft-lifting this idea for the next time I need a teacher's gift! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the pencils so cute and I am with you I would NOt be eating them! I wish the fairy would come to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that HAS got to be the CUTEST thing I have seen in a long time! thanks for sharing :) I will be posting this on my blog in the next few days, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are awesome! I just finished making 57 of them for my kids' classmates!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Rachael you rock on the 57 of them! I am going to have to do these for my kids teachers. We are doing the 25 days till Christmas ...make someone smile every day ...so this is going to be one of them for their teachers. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks! We just got done making these for daughters preschool teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. did you buy the full rolls of rolo or individual pieces? also how did you do the top for the eraser?
    thanks, totally wasnt to do this

    ReplyDelete