Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wrapping up Mother's Day...

It's Friday!! Wow, what a week! I wonder if you have been as busy as I have been! Busy is good. I try and tell myself that to keep myself sane. :) Had a great day in the office with the DCWV team today. I love my days when I am there being creative and sharing what I love. And the boys spending a day in day care once every 2 weeks is like Christmas to them!! They want to go all the time, little stinkers!

I shared this in a digital training class with employees today and they loved it so I thought I would share it with you! I needed a quick way to wrap up my mom's Mother's Day gift so I could run it to her today. I don't keep wrapping paper in my office so things usually get stuck something random that I have laying around on my desk :) 

First, I made a quick digital card in PSE. Made a 5x7 document. Added a picture, a quick grunge frame and some journaling. Saved it and printed it on my photo printer.


I simply adhered the photo to the front of the bag. I used a repositionable adhesive so my mom can quickly take the photo off without damaging the card. Then I stuffed the gift in a brown lunch bag and stapled it shut. Grabbed a card from our Josephine Box of Cards and trimmed an inch off of it. Adhered it over the stapled end of bag. Added a little ribbon and that's it! I love dressing up a lunch bag as a gift bag...it's becoming my EASY signature way of wrapping :)


Finished product! My mom LOVED the packaging just as much as her herb markers that were waiting inside. Happy Mother's Day to all of the women in the world! Have a fabulous weekend and we'll see you on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful ideas! Haven't done any Mother's Day creating yet, better get going, huh? I will keep these in mind! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete